Monday, March 27, 2023

Abigail Winzer Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
Abigail Winzer is a talented singer whose latest single "Good Woman" is something simply wonderful. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Abigail Winzer visits Section 36 Music!

I adored your recent single, “Good Woman”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you! "Good Woman" was my first piece of work that really reflected me as an artist. It was an authentic expression of myself and I was so glad I could capitalize on that. Growing up, I always loved dance club type music and that style of music really stuck with me as I grew up and continued to dive into my music. With "Good Woman" I was able to capitalize on every aspect of the song and make it a cohesive, solid project, even just looking at the title and how much I loved that. It's a tribute to the glam dance floor scene and I feel the song shows that in every aspect. The song definitely is special to me, and it was a good entrance into that genre for me. I feel like I almost have been manifesting writing it my whole life. 


This fall you recorded the fourteenth episode of your podcast, “Let’s make That Song a Hit”. What was the podcasting experience like?

The podcasting experience was SO cool and SO awesome! I loved everything about it. Getting to interview my best friends in the industry and just have important, insightful conversations with them was so awesome. Definitely one of my favorite projects I have taken on, thus far. Highly recommend podcasting for anyone interested in creating a space for meaningful and important conversations. 


Last spring, you graduated from Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing you can see Berklee doing for your career?

Wow, so many things. The Berklee community is top tier and so amazing, so definitely connecting with all my fellow alumni and Berklee peers is of top priority. I also feel that Berklee honestly made me the singer, songwriter and vocalist that I am today, so carrying forward all that Berklee taught me is really going to benefit my career tremendously. Berklee is the reason I am who I am today in music. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

Love this question! My biggest musical influences are quite different in style, but they would definitely be Shania Twain, Jennifer Lopez, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert and Ariana Grande (just to name a few). I've learned everything from those incredible women! 


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

My biggest career challenge was figuring out who I am as an artist and what I want to say. I have a better picture and idea now, but it took me a minute to find. 


What are your immediate career goals?

My immediate career goals are to keep establishing myself as an artist globally and write my best music, while also taking advantage of every opportunity placed in my path. I also want to join forces with other music industry professionals and connect as much as possible! Building a community is very important to me. 


---


Those are solid goals!


As always, I want to thank Abigail for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now!


Thanks again Abigail, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment