Monday, March 13, 2023

Alije Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
Alije is an incredible artist whose recent single "Ocean" was a fantastic offering. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Alije visits Section 36 Music!


I simply loved your single, “Prove It”. What was it like putting that together? 

"Prove It" is one of my favorite records. The whole process was so exciting to me from the writing to creating my photo cover. "Prove It" to me is such a woman’s empowerment vibe, like "no I don’t need your money or fancy shit cause I got that on my own, so show me something real or keep it moving" lol. That’s the vibe I was on at the time. 


I’ also really enjoyed your recent single, “Ocean”. What can you tell me about it?

I’m really tapping into my sultry era right now as an artist. And "Ocean" to me is just the most sexy and seductive record I have done. I have an amazing and extremely talented producer (Mizzy) who listens and understands my energy when it comes to music. So we created a feel good vibe. I love to feel comfortable in my own skin so why not throw that energy on a record and inspire other woman to feel the same. 


I really enjoy the music videos you post. What your favorite part of the creation process?

I have too many favorites parts lol. It varies from getting my hair and makeup done to the style I want to express for my video to performing and even editing the music videos! (Which I also am a part of) I love everything about it especially watching my ideas come to life! 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

I have a lot of musical influences. First is Mariah Carey. I've loved her for as long as I can remember and I love that she writes all of her music too. Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliot! I can go on for days lol but for now these 3 woman are my top tier!


What are your immediate career goals?

So I am working on an EP this year! Which I’m super excited and nervous about lol, but it means a lot to me to have a full representation of me as an artist and how much I have grown as an artist as well from the day I started! I can’t wait to announce a release date! And I may or may not have a 3 day show happening! But you’ll have to wait and find out!


---


Oh, I can't wait to hear that EP!


As always, I want to thank Alije for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now!

Thanks again Alije, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment