Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Diana Pinkham Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
Diana Pinkham is a wonderful singer whose debut single "What I Would Do" is suggests great things to come. I was flattered that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Diana Pinkham visits Section 36 Music!

I absolutely loved your debut single, “What I Would Do”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much! “What I Would Do” is a song I wrote about a really silly past undefined romantic relationship I had. When my boyfriend Zach Thompson heard it for the first time during the fall, it inspired him a lot and he produced it really quickly. It was super interesting to have my boyfriend produce a song I wrote about a past guy who caused me so much frustration, but it was satisfying in a weird way.

 

What was your favorite part about the recording/production process?

It’s so special to see a song I’ve written come together because it’s always so different than what I’d expect. My producer does a great job at listening to my ideas as well as using his own musical instincts to create something interesting. Before creating together we both made such different styles of music which makes combining it a really exciting final product for me.

 

You attended Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing Berklee did for your career?

I just graduated Berklee in December and I have to say that the people I’ve met are what have made the experience valuable. I met a handful of life-changing professors who really helped me develop my songwriting skills. I also made several relationships with unbelievably talented songwriters throughout my classes and co-writes that I know I will continue learning from. The most important relationship I made through being a student at Berklee is with my boyfriend/producer Zach Thompson. Zach and I make such an incredible and unique team and because of him I can finally see a glimpse of what my future as an artist looks like.

 

Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My most significant musical influences are the artists that I listened to growing up. Because of that, my parents are definitely responsible for the kind of music I write. They are SUCH big music lovers! One of my earliest memories was my dad searching through his overflowing CD rack and lending me some of his favorite artist’s to listen to in my Hello Kitty CD player. Carole King, Paul McCartney, Corinne Bailey Rae, and early Coldplay are some of the artists that I can surely hear the impact of on my writing style.

 

What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

I guess my struggle career-wise is having to come up with myown plan. It’s difficult to know what the right move is because every success story is different. At this point in my career I wear a lot of hats. I’m my own manager, marketer, booker, publisher, etc. It’s a lot and I don’t want to neglect any of those jobs.

 

What are your immediate career goals?

My immediate career goals as an artist are to continue working on music to release in the near future, playing gigs, and I’m moving to Nashville in June so I want to play open mics and writer’s rounds while I’m there.


---


Those sound like great goals!


As always, I want to thank Diana for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now!


Thanks again Diana, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment