Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Rita Valldeperas Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 Music had another visitor! Rita Valldeperas is an amazing singer, who just release a single, "No me hagas volver", that you will not want to miss. 
I was so thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss the song, her future goals, and more!
 I'm sure you'll love what she had to say.

So, let's see what happens when Rita Valldeperas visits Section 36 Music! 

Your recent single, “No me hagas volver”, Is absolutely outstanding. What can you tell me about it?

Oh my god! Thank you so much. It means a lot. “No me hagas volver” is such an important song for me. It talks about the doubts and pressures I had while deciding whether I wanted to pursue music as a career. There are so many opinions that can get in the way, and I think it’s really important to trust your gut and know what you want.


Do you have a favorite memory from the recording process?

It’s kind of a fun fact, but since we were running out of time in the studio, I recorded the vocals in just one take, which is something I’m sure all producers would not recommend, haha. I’m so glad it happened that way, though, because I felt so connected to my lyrics, and I sang every single word with the intention it deserved.


You have some live shows coming up. What do you enjoy most about performing on stage in front of an audience?

I absolutely love connecting with people. I love playing my songs and feeling like they have a place in people’s hearts. I have written in a diary every night for as long as I can remember, and my songs are literally all those feelings put into music. Being able to see how people can relate to them heals something in me.


I would love to see you at one of my next shows! On September 21st, I’ll have my second recital at Berklee in Room 1A at 7 PM. I’m also so excited to share that I got the opportunity to have my Berklee Caf show on November 12th at 10 PM.


Who, or what, would you say are your biggest musical influences?

I have so many musical influences, but I would say Alejandro Sanz and Pablo Alborán are two of the artists who have influenced me the most. I really admire the way they tell stories through their music and how emotional and honest their songwriting is.


If you could cover any Disney Song, which would you choose? Why?

“Let It Go” from Frozen. I absolutely love that song and that movie. It reminds me of my sister Diana, (“Didi”). She is the person I love the most in this life. We would always watch Disney movies together, so that song brings back a lot of really special memories.


What are your immediate musical goals?

My main goal right now is to keep writing lots of music and releasing it as much as I can. I also want to do as many shows at Berklee as possible and keep growing as an artist and performer. Most importantly, I want to enjoy the process and keep creating music that feels honest and true to who I am.


--


If you can be at one of those shows, you definitely should attend!


As always, I want to thank Rita for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview. 

I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. Here are the best places to find her:


Thanks again Rita, and good luck reaching your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment