Monday, August 10, 2026

EVA Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 Music had another visitor! EVA is fresh off the release of her amazing single, "Saturn". Once you're done here, be sure to go stream it as soon as you can. 
I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us to discuss the song, her future goals, and more!
 I'm sure you'll love what she had to say.

So, let's see what happens when EVA visits Section 36 Music! 

Your recent single, “Saturn”, is absolutely wonderful. What can you tell me about it?

Thanks so much! To be totally honest, it was truly a labor to finally get it out of my computer, but such a cool process of seeing it come to life. It was initially birthed at a songwriting camp I did back in 2021, and was one of my first extensive music productions I've ever worked on. When I was younger, I definitely wished that I'd already have the proper knowledge to complete it all on my own, but I've come to learn that it takes a lot of time and effort to be able to do that--that was when I started allowing myself collaborate with others and get the help I needed to finish the song. With that, I recruited wonderful musician friends from my hometown to record on it and help with engineering, which was ultimately what brought life into the song! I think one of my best achievements was simply letting others into this world of creating music to bring a vision to life, rather than trying to do it all myself.


You have another release, “Stages” coming out soon. How do those play off each other?

My debut EP 'stages' is aimed to be out on August 29th! "Saturn" is set to be the opening track, with 3 other songs following it. The intention behind 'stages' is essentially to convey emotions that come after someone initially important to you leaves a mess in your life and then steps out of it, done so through 4 stages, hence the name. "Saturn" being the first song portrays a sense of innocence/naiveness, while the songs that follow portray the shock, confusion, and anger/confidence that follows.


You are attending Berklee College of Music. What made Berklee the right choice for you?

Yes, I'm entering my fourth and final year at Berklee! I think that what stood out to me about this school over any other one that I applied to was its Independent Recording & Production program, which is what I major in. Since I was young and just getting into the technological side of music creation, my dad and I have been creating makeshift "studio" spaces throughout our house--this quite literally started in my closet and made its way to the guest room in our basement, which is where I work from now when I'm not in Boston. Berklee's IRP program encompasses the art of creating and working on music from anywhere you go, instead of a traditional recording studio, and as someone that's been doing exactly that since I was a teenager, the program really stood out to me and showed me that I was on the right track, and that I don't need a large, commercial recording space to succeed as an artist, producer, and engineer. Now, as I approach the end of my tenure in the major, I'm physically able to take my recording, mixing, and production assets anywhere I go, and make the best out of my work from virtually any location.


Who, or what, would you say are your biggest musical influences?

It's funny that you included "what" and not just "who" in regards to what influences me, because oftentimes I'm heavily influenced by super mundane, everyday things like people, nature, psychology, etc. For example, as much as "Saturn" mentions fantastical things like "walking on the rings", it circulates back to things like human nature and wonders with lyrics like "to the planets we are particles looking out on what's observable". Another song of mine that'll also be on the EP is called "Photographic Memory" talks about our brains often contradicting themselves after someone leaves you in the mud, ie. "my heart is trying to tell my memory to not force my eyes under your imagery". In terms of actual musicians, however, I'd say my biggest influences range from jazz/soul figures like Jacob Collier, Stevie Wonder, D'Angelo, and Amy Winehouse, to indie bands like Pinegrove and Vulfpeck.


If you could cover any Disney song, which one would you choose? Why?

Oooh this is a hard one. I'll probably go with "Ma Belle Evangeline" solely because I really love the soundtrack from The Princess and The Frog--it's definitely among the most innovative from any Disney movie and is so incredibly soulful and jazzy. Plus I'm a huge fan of New Orleans-inspired jazz so it works out!


What are your immediate musical goals?

My absolute-most immediate goal is to finish up 'stages' and have it be released on time! This summer has maybe been my hardest one in terms of my workload, as I'm also a studio intern, booking shows, traveling, and working. All of that unfortunately only left me so much time to mix my music and have it ready on time to distribute, so that's for sure my biggest goal as of this moment.


--


I am so excited for "Stages"!


As always, I want to thank EVA for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview. 
,
I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. Here are the best places to find her:


Thanks again EVA, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment