So, let's see what happens when Sofia Pargas visits Section 36 Music!
I am incredibly excited about your single, “Twice Over”. What can you tell me about it?
"Twice Over" feels like a new chapter for me. After a long break from releasing music, I finally had time to figure out what I wanted to convey in my music, not what was i thought was expected. The song captures that dizzying spiral of loving someone to the point of obsession: The euphoria, paranoia, even the desperation. Over a dance-pop production that ties in my dancer background, it's sweet but almost unsettling, a real shift from my last few releases. I'm so ready for this new era.
Do you have a favorite memory from the recording process?
One of my favorite memories was actually writing the song in a place completely out of my comfort zone. I'd been living on a cruise ship for eight months as an official singer and dancer. Traveling between countries and working around a completely different schedule totally shifted my creative process. I was able to create past any previous limits I’d had.You are a graduate of Berklee College of Music. What made Berklee the right fit for you?
Berklee opened their first application for their inaugural Commercial Dance major when I graduated high school. Growing up a competitive dancer, I went in thinking I'd get more of that training, but what I didn't know was that I'd get introduced to working with vocalists, musicians, other dancers, and creatives who completely changed how I saw my art and what I wanted to give back to it. That's where I began to shift from just a dancer to an artist.
You are an amazing dancer. What do you enjoy most about performing any of your talents live on stage?
That means so much, thank you! To me, performing has always resonated from the inside-out; to look someone in the eyes and see them connect to the lyrics I'm singing, or the movements I'm creating. That’s what means everything. Whether through song or dance, I love sharing a piece of me with people who feel like they're being understood.
If you could cover any Disney song, which one would you choose? Why?
I'd cover "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog. I've been a long-time fan of the movie, its musical history and importance, and the Tiana's grit, hard work, and determination throughout the film. Her focus on her dreams really aligns with how dedicated I am to my craft. Singing this song reminds me that my steady, consistent efforts when I believe in myself can make any of my dreams possible.What are your immediate musical goals?
My immediate goals are to continue strengthening my character and musical message through my artistry. I want to take the small steps and lessons I go through and shape them into worlds everyone can understand. I hope soon I'll be able to perform these ideas to people across the country, whether in person or through media by gaining more fans and creating connections that solidify the kind of legacy I choose to leave.
--
That's a pretty amazing goal.
I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. Here are the best places to find her:


No comments:
Post a Comment