So, let’s see what happens when Donna-Marie Smith visits Section 36 Music!
When did you realize that photography was something that you loved?
I've always had a love for taking photos since I was a kid. My aunt used to give me her camera just to keep me busy. Then getting older taking photos and videos helps me remember the moments I was in, it helps especially that I don't have the best memory sometimes.
How did that lead to specializing in concert photography?
I love going to concerts and just capturing the moment of things, whether that's photos or videos. Like I said I like remembering the moment of things, and watching a video or looking at photos from the show helps me remember what that day was like.
How would you describe your photography style?
My style is raw photos. Maybe because I haven't learned 100% how to edit my photos yet but they come amazingly unedited. I would like to know how to fully edit photos soon.What has been your favorite photography experience thus far?
I have a few; capturing Tate McRae at her last Boston show, getting my first paid gig for a small artist I met at another show and making friends with his opener and hanging out with them both and the band after the show. Lastly, going to a show on my birthday this year might have been the best because I was in my element on my birthday and it was the best birthday ever. I have too many memories from shows, it's hard to pick just one.
What would you say are your biggest photography career challenges?
Some of the biggest challenges in this career in general is just trying to find gigs, and finding that one person that will take a chance on you. Another one is learning how to edit photos so they come out cool but that's something I'm not worried about right now.
Do you have any specific photography career goals?
Learning more about how certain cameras work, finding that one artist that will take a chance on me and it working out in the end. And just living the life I dreamed about; working as a photographer for an artist.--
That would definitely be a great opportunity!
I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. Here's the best place to find her:



No comments:
Post a Comment