Thursday, August 6, 2026

Una Visits Section 36 Music!

It's time for another visitor to Section 36! 
Una is an incredible artist, with a single "2 Sides of You" that would don't want to miss. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss the release, her future goals, and more!
 I'm sure you'll love what she had to say.

So, let's see what happens when Una visits Section 36 Music!

I am absolutely in love with your single, “2 Sides of You”. What can you tell me about it?

When it comes to "2 Sides of You" as a song, I think it’s the most vulnerable song that I’ve written so far. It starts off with a prayer and really throughout the whole song it’s me wondering if I’m with the right person or on the right track in life. I decided to use a darker tone than my previous song because when I wrote it, I was very sad and broken. But when I released it, I really wanted it to be not just a song but a message to people that things work out and there’s a season in your life for things will happen and you might not know whether to keep going but it’s very important that you keep going. Not only that, but life puts you in situations that you don’t understand and you just have to push through them and accept them and that’s exactly what that song is about.


Do you see more studio work in your future?

Absolutely yes, you can expect my next single September 20th. I’m working on an album right now and I’m really excited. It will come out in the beginning of next year. It’s definitely experimental sound. I didn’t want to stick to one thing I wanted to kinda see where things go, but still have a strong message. I am super excited for the next single because it’s very 2000s inspired and more upbeat.


You are attending Berklee College of Music. What made Berklee the right choice for you?

I think Berklee was definitely the right choice for me. It was not easy to leave my home and come. But I think that even through obstacles in life me and my parents stick together and overcome anything. I think that that’s the most important thing, have your own circle of people who uplift you and contribute to your energy, that’s what kept me going. Berkeley experience has just been wonderful and I have won an outstanding achievement award in the voice department. That moment felt surreal, and it was a confirmation from God that I should just keep going.


Who, or what, would you say are your biggest musical influences?

My biggest influences are definitely Christina Aguilera, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carrey. But when it comes to stage presence and visuals I will definitely say Britney Spears, Lady Gaga Madonna. However, I think when it comes to song that I played on a daily basis is definitely Britney. There’s something about her that I just can’t explain how connected I feel to her music. On another note, I love listening to R&B, hip-hop in so much more so I like to listen to variety of artists and genres as well.


If you could cover any Disney song, which one would you choose? Why?

Mother Knows Best and Mother Knows Best (reprise). I would cover that song  because I feel all my life I tried to fit in somewhere, and then as much as I try to fit in there were people who tried to hold me back and change the way I think. Trying to constantly fit and gets you nowhere you have to learn that you have your own identity and people that don’t think like you can’t really understand you, but that’s okay. And I feel like Rapunzel’s mother trying to hold her back and constantly tell her what to do and how to think because she just wanted to control her really resonates with me when it comes to my life and certain people


What are your immediate musical goals?

I would love to tour and record more music get signed eventually. And I would love write for other artists, collaborate and after that, I would also open my own business. I wouldn’t just stay in the music industry. I think I would love to expand more. I think I would love to do fundraising help people help other teenagers who would love to get the education that I’m having and not just in Berklee but somewhere else and I would love to fundraise and help them achieve their dreams. besides that I would love to have my own label, and just be a mentor later in life for young upcoming artists.



--


Those sound like incredible goals!


As always, I want to thank Una for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview. 

I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. Here are the best places to find her:


Thanks again Una, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment