Tuesday, August 11, 2026

A Moment I’ll Never Forget: Singing the National Anthem at Fenway Park

By Jasslyn

7:00 PM on August 4th was truly one of those moments in my life that I know I will carry with me forever. I had the incredible opportunity to perform the National Anthem at Fenway Park, and even now, it feels surreal thinking about standing there, looking around the stadium, and realizing that I was actually living a moment I had worked so hard for.


Performing in a stadium is completely different from performing on a regular stage. One of the biggest challenges I experienced was dealing with the feedback and sound throughout the stadium. Hearing my voice come back to me while trying to stay locked into what I was singing was definitely difficult, but it reminded me just how important focus, concentration, and preparation are as a performer. Instead of allowing the sound to distract me, I trusted myself, stayed focused, and kept going. All the practicing, performing, and experiences that brought me to this point helped prepare me for that exact moment.


Of course, the nerves were THERE! It's Fenway Park! But underneath those nerves, my emotions were filled with so much joy, excitement, and gratitude. Knowing that my family was there watching and supporting me made the experience even more emotional. Looking out into the crowd and feeling that support was something I can't fully put into words. The Red Sox staff also treated me with so much kindness throughout the entire experience. They made sure I felt welcomed, comfortable, supported, and taken care of from beginning to end, which made such a huge moment feel even more special.


Once I finished singing, I finally felt like I could breathe again! The aftermath was honestly a breath of fresh air, the nerves disappeared, and I could finally take everything in and realize, "Wow, I just did that."


What happened afterward made the experience even more beautiful. Having people come up to me, congratulate me, show me love, compliment my performance, and genuinely support what I had just accomplished meant so much. I was also able to network and make new connections with people who were interested in my music and my personal projects. As an artist building my own career, moments like these remind me that performing isn't only about what happens while you're on stage. It's also about the relationships you build, the people you meet, and the opportunities that can come from simply putting yourself and your talent out there.


After everything was over, I got to enjoy my very first Red Sox game at Fenway with my family. Being able to sit together, relax, laugh, watch the game, and celebrate what had just happened was such an intimate and genuine experience. It wasn't just about performing anymore; it became a memory with the people I love.


And to make the night even better... the Red Sox WON!!


I walked away from Fenway feeling proud, grateful, relieved, inspired, and ready for whatever comes next. It reminded me why I continue to push myself as a performer, even when I'm nervous or faced with unexpected challenges. Sometimes you have to trust your preparation, trust your talent, stay focused, and allow yourself to enjoy the moment you've worked so hard to reach.


Singing at Fenway Park will forever be one of those moments for me.


One performance. One stadium. One unforgettable memory. ðŸ’œ


------

Where to Find Jasslyn







 

No comments:

Post a Comment