Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Lilo Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 Music had another visitor! Lilo just released two incredible singles single, "Growing Up With Me" and "Shallow Waters". You'll absolutely want to stream it as soon as possible. 
I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss the songs, her future goals, and more!
 I'm sure you'll love what she had to say.

So, let's see what happens when Lilo visits Section 36 Music!  

I am absolutely in love with your recent single, “Shallow Waters”. What can you tell me about it?

I wrote Shallow Waters after one of those dates where you know you’re going to fall helplessly inlove , in other words: you ‘surrender’, as I sing in the chorus. It was a trip to Cape Cod, hence all of the beach references and sonics! I’ve always felt very connected to the ocean , I grew up in Australia , so this song quickly became one of my favourites. 


Do you see more studio work in your future?

YESS! I’m always in a recording studio! I feel so in my element, I’ve been singing into a microphone for over a decade so I’m genuinely not sure who I’d be without it. 


You made an appearance on The Voice Kids Australia. What do you remember from that opportunity?

I remember having the best time of my life , it kicked off my lifelong passion of singing and performing so I’ll always be greatful for it. The other day 3 girls came up to me after a Tiny Habits show and asked me if I was ‘Olivia from the voice’ , it surprised me so much that even 12-ish years later people recognise me at all from that performance , so that was a special moment for me. Speaking of this experience, I urge everyone to go donate to Millie’s Princess Foundation , one of the reasons I even thought about auditioning for the show started with busking - raising money for my childhood friend who passed away from cancer. I’ll forever think of Millie and her family as I go forward in my career.


You were able to perform in a touring production of Les Misérables. What was that experience like?

Being in a professional musical theatre production at such an early age taught me so  much about hard work. From auditions, rejections, lessons and practicing, it eventually turned into performing and living in moments I dreamed of for years. I remember my dad showing me the song ‘Castle on a Cloud’ when I was young and he told me that he could see me singing that song. Years later I did , and I toured around Australia with such inspiring and talented performers that I will never forget. I hope to keep myself open to the Musical theatre world for the future. 


If you could cover any Disney song, which one would you choose? Why?

I actually did a cover of ‘Sally’s song’ from Nightmare before Christmas, featuring Misha Florian, up on YouTube! I was inspired to cover this song after I saw one of my very favourite artists Billie Eilish sing it. 


But If I could get a duet partner , Love is an open door from Frozen would be so fun! So hit me up if you wanna be my Hans! 


What are your immediate musical goals?

I have so many.  But currently I’m rolling out singles like ‘Shallow Waters’ and ‘Growing Up With Me’ for my newest EP! I’ll also be working on music videos , outdoor live sessions , live shows, and collaborating with other artists while I work on this. I hope to open for an artist that I love, or play a festival next year, no matter how small the stage!


But my main overarching goal is to spill my heart into my music and share it with as many people as I can who connect with it , or find themselves in my world, music is my everything and despite all the changes in my life I’ve been able to get through it by writing honestly, and singing.



--


Anyone out there a Hans?


As always, I want to thank Lilo for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview. 
,
I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. Here are the best places to find her:


Thanks again Lilo, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment