Thursday, August 20, 2026

Thursdays With Una - Writer's Block

By Una

I want to talk about writer’s block. I’ve seen a lot of people talk about writer’s block, as I’m experiencing one myself these days, and so many songwriters that are on this app and might be reading this. I think as an artist as well as a songwriter, it’s really important to have a period of time where you just sit with your thoughts in silence. People might think that that’s bad and you’re running behind, but also you have to realize that things come at their own pace. You can’t rush a process. You can only trust it. As seasons change we do as well. And as night comes after the day, that’s also the cycle of life that we will experience in songwriting. There’s this constant pressure is on us to be the best and always on top of things. But there’s beauty in silence and that just means that new chapter is opening. Not only opening, but this silence and night is preparing for a new day and sunshine. I think one message would be just view this as something that will pass, but don’t try to rush yourself out of this silence and writers block. Accept it. It’s important for us songwriters to let this creative energy circulate through us.

------

Una is a Serbian born singer-songwriter based in Boston, where she studies at Berklee College of Music. 

Be sure to follow along with all of the "Thursdays With Una".

To keep up with everything else going on in Una's life, check out her Section 36 Music Homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment