Monday, August 28, 2023

Fayona Matisse Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! Fayona Matisse
 is an incredibly talented singer, whose upcoming single, "Broken Bullied and Bruised" is one I can't wait to hear. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Fayona Matisse visits Section 36 Music!

I am incredibly excited for your upcoming single, “Broken Bullied and Bruised”. What can you tell me about it?

Broken bullied and bruised is a song that I wrote to call out someone very close to me on their abusive behavior in the past but wanting to heal along side them. I actually wrote it on the 4 hour car ride to my college 2 days before moving day. And it took about a year to edit and then 3 months to produce. 


I really enjoy the “covers” videos you posted on Youtube. What did you enjoy about making those?

Lol so I unfortunately haven’t made any covers in about a year. I want to it’s just I don’t know how to make the sound clear like a lot of singers on social media do. But I liked people to know that I’m a flexible singer and that I will not let my stage fright hold me back. 


You are currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing you can see Berklee doing for your career?

The biggest thing that i learned as soon as I toured Berklee for the first time is that through teachers and other students, you make connections and friendships that can get you anywhere. Not only can Berklee give me a proper degree which is something that I hold very strongly as a woman but giving me a chance to hone and find new skills that can be extremely useful as an independent artist. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

I would consider Carole King and Elton John some of my biggest musical influences. But I really don’t have a “favorite artist” per se. I love music of different genres in general. I actually had the amazing opportunity to meet Louise Goffin who is Carole King’s daughter at a song writing class in NYC with my former piano teacher, Margaret Donlin. 


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

A very big challenge for me in my music career right now is to not just look at the big picture but focus on the small details and not let my ADHD distract myself. But also I get writers block very easily and I Amy own biggest critic. I come from a family who is very supportive of my music but I have been bullied and those comments have stayed with me over those years. Dealing with mental health I cope by writing music but sometimes it just doesn’t flow through and that has to be a big block in my career. 


What are your immediate music goals?

My immediate goals are to release Broken Bullied and Bruised and then record two more songs I wrote and release one by the end of this year and then in the new year, release the second song. I also want to build up my business which I want to turn into a record label but for now will be a marketing agency. 


--


Sounds like she has plenty of fun things on the way!


As always, I want to thank Fayona for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to Fayona and follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and follow her on Spotify. In fact, check her out everywhere


Thanks again Fayona, and good luck with the release!



No comments:

Post a Comment