Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Trinity Mei Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! Trinity Mei
 is an absolutely amazing singer, fresh off the release of her debut solo single, "Ever Be Right". I was thrilled that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Trinity Mei visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoy your single, “Ever Be Right”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much. I am so glad you were able to connect with it! I wrote “ever be right” in my first year in college during a time when I was really unsure of myself and what I wanted.  If a date or relationship didn’t work out I often questioned my self worth and wondered if there was something wrong with me. But that’s why this song means so much to me because it shows how much I’ve grown. I know now that you define your own happiness and you must value yourself before you can truly love someone else. I am so excited for people to finally hear all that I've been working on. I hope this song inspires, makes you cry and helps everyone realize their value. 


You’ve previously performed with the duo Heiressy. How was releasing this song different as a solo act?

Heiressy was a duo project I was a part of in high school with one of my best friends Chris Marchant. Unfortunately, when I moved to Boston we stopped releasing music as a band, giving us both the opportunity to find our own identities as solo musicians. It took me a while to define who I was musically and what I wanted to say as an artist. For the longest time I was writing almost entirely through collaboration but “ever be right” changed that and was one of the first songs that I completely wrote, arranged and co-produced.  


You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing Berklee is doing for your career?

Yes, I started Berklee back in the Fall of 2021 and honestly it’s been a life changing experience. The best thing about Berklee is definitely the networking and the connections you make. I have met so many amazing musicians and industry professionals who helped me learn and grow not only as an artist but also as a person. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My biggest influence vocally would have to be Adele and I think her name speaks for itself. My mom played me her album “19” when I was a little girl and I just fell in love with it. I learned every one of her songs by heart and tried mimicking her technique as it truly fascinated me. Musically though my two main influences would be Phoebe Bridgers and Coldplay. Although they are a more recent influence their style, lyrics and overall message has really inspired a lot of my upcoming works.


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

The biggest issue I have had recently is releasing music. I have been performing in the Boston area for a while but haven’t released anything until now. Finding producers, recording space and money is always a struggle so I had to wait until the right time. Also I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist and can never admit when a project is finished. Recently, I have learned to be much more gracious with myself and am so excited to finally showcase my music to the world.


What are your immediate music goals?

That's a pretty hard question because I have so many!! Dreams, goals, ideas. My immediate goal though would be to continue writing and eventually release my first EP. Having a collection of work that introduces myself into the world as an artist. Then I dream of going on tour and playing my music for fans from all around the country. 


--


I'm definitely excited to hear that EP!


As always, I want to thank Trinity for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to Trinity and follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, check out her whole linktree


Thanks again Trinity, and good luck reaching your goals!







No comments:

Post a Comment