Saturday, August 5, 2023

Kelsey Blackstone and Gōst Pepper - “With a Little Help From My Friends” Tour - The Logistics

As she embarks on her "With a Little Help From My Friends Tour, Kelsey Blackstone was kind enough to bring us behind the scenes and show us how an independent artist pulls off a tour like this. I hope you enjoy it. -S36.

When it came time to pick cities and the route of the tour, we knew we wanted the timeline to be about two weeks long. We also knew that we at least wanted to make it down to Nashville, because that’s where Adam (
Gōst Pepper) and I will be moving to in January of 2024. We also already have a good amount of friends down there so we thought it would be a great chance to see them and get a little more of a taste of Nashville. 


My band and I have done enough shows in the Northeastern area to expect that no matter how prepared you are, things will still go wrong. While this can be nerve-racking, I know that I’ll have the help of my friends to figure it out as we go! I am looking forward to going with the flow and having a fun time on the road, seeing the cities and all of the places in between. I’m sure there’s going to be hard moments, but I also know there’s going to be amazing moments that make it all worth it. And overall, again, I’m really grateful to get to experience this with - and because of - my awesome friends.
 
Catch Kelsey Blackstone and Gōst Pepper for their 1st ever show in Ithaca, TONIGHT at Deep Dive, with notable soul-jazz group, the High and Mighty Brass Band.

Thank you to Kelsey for sharing this with us. And for sending along the tour poster, designed by Anna Ferrari, and the picture by Sam Melanson If you want to learn more about Kelsey, check out the interview she did with us here at Section 36 Music in March of 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment