Friday, August 11, 2023

MAYIA Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! MAYIA
 is an absolutely amazing singer, whose recent single, "Losing It On You" is simply incredible. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when MAYIA visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoyed your latest single, “Losing It On You”. What can you tell me about it?

“Losing It On You” is actually one of my favourite songs from my debut album. This songs represent the pure falling in love stage in a relationship.


It talks about being in love with a person when you’re not sure what they think about you and if they feel the same, and still you can’t get your mind off them. It’s a nice combination of new pop music with 80’s vibes. Me and my producer worked very hard on this song and I really love how it turned out! 


What is your favorite part about performing in front of a live audience?

For me, preforming in front of a live audience is one of the best parts about being a musician. This is when I can finally see the people behind the streams and likes on social media, talk to them, sing to them, and get the live response to the songs. 

The energy during the show is irreplaceable and I can’t find anything that compares. 


In the fall you’ll be starting school at Berklee College of Music. Why did you want to study there?

Berklee has always been a dream of mine. I studied at an art high school in Israel in the Jazz department. Most of  the teaches studied at Berklee and a lot of the students continue their musical path there. I always thought about studying at Berklee but I decided to audition after I talked to a close friend of mine who already studies there and he convinced me to audition. I had only a few months to prepare, and a week after my audition I got the acceptance letter! I can’t wait to start. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My signature style revolves around a combination of R&B and pop while involving some jazz influences. I also think that being exposed to music from all over the globe from a young age has inspired me a lot and allowed me to create my own musical style. Above all, I seek to create my own lane fueled by my unique musical language. Both my lyrics and music reflect my true emotions, thoughts, and worldviews. I expose my feelings and life experiences to my audience, and strive to empower young women to stand up for themselves and know their true power.


What are your immediate music goals?

I release my debut album in a few months! This is very exciting for me. I worked so hard on this album and I can’t wait to share it with the world. Moreover,I am currently working on my second album! Finishing this album is definitely one of my main goals for this year. And of course, I am looking forward to my studies at Berklee College of Music. I know that being around so many good musicians would be very inspiring and an amazing experience for me. 


--


I'm definitely excited to hear her album(s)!


As always, I want to thank MAYIA for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to MAYIA and follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, check her out everywhere


Thanks again MAYIA, and good luck reaching your goals!




1 comment: