Thursday, November 2, 2023

Matilde Heckler Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 Music has another visitor! Matilde Heckler is a fantastic singer, whose upcoming single, "Pretty" is one you won't want to miss. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Matilde Heckler visits Section 36 Music!

I am incredibly excited about your upcoming single “Pretty”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much! It’s one of my favorite songs I’ve ever written. I was in a weird relationship freshman year where it felt like the only thing we ever did was get drunk and have sex - not the best situation. This song is about that situation and feeling like you’re not being loved for much more than your body. If I could describe it in non-musical terms, it’s like floating in an open body of water while being suffocated by your emotions. A really sad song but it felt really good to write it. 


You are attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing you see Berklee doing for your career?

Yes indeed! I am graduating in December which is very exciting. I have met SO many incredible people through Berklee. I had the chance to do a super cool gig a few months back (it’s top secret for now) because of attending Berklee and a lot of those people have become my best friends and favorite musicians. Creatively, I feel like it’s given me the chance to explore my instrument in weird new ways that I wouldn’t have been able to do elsewhere. 


What is your favorite part about performing in front of a live audience?

Gosh, I love every part of it! I feel like I get to connect with people in so many different ways. It’s a ton of fun to jump around doing the thing you love. I see the whole thing as a production so I really enjoy getting dressed up and doing my makeup as well. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

Two of my biggest influences are Kishi Bashi and Sudan Archives. Both artists introduced me to a whole new world of violin playing. Before them, I couldn’t really tell you who my favorite violinists were. I always admired players but none ever spoke to me. These two take the violin and create new worlds with it. It’s super incredible and I would highly recommend checking both of them out. 


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

It’s definitely the perception. Believe it or not, I am a really introverted person most of the time. I get drained super quickly and have a hard time being around people for a long period of time. Having to be constantly “on” for my career can be exhausting. It’s scary knowing people are watching what you do, but the bigger picture for me is worth it. 


What are your immediate music goals?

Well, “pretty” is definitely the first. After a release hiatus, this song is putting me back in the realm of releasing. Come January you’ll hear a lot of new music from me as well as more about that top secret gig I mentioned earlier. I am stupid excited about the next few months!! 


---


Well, now I need to know more about that gig!


As always, I want to thank Matilde for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to Matilde and follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and on Spotify. You should also definitely check out her website


Thanks again Matilde, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment