Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Alexis Bleu Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! Alexis Bleu
 is an incredible singer, whose latest single, "Summer of '21", should already be on your playlists. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Alexis Bleu visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoyed your single “Summer of ‘21”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you! I actually didn’t write “Summer of ‘21” with the intention of releasing it. During my gap year after high school, I took a few classes through Berklee Online. The final project for one of the classes was to create a song from start to finish in groups. I was on lyric duty and I did what I always do: write from what I know. It couldn’t have been done without the help of my classmates Juan Canteli (production and mixing) and Chad Lee (guitar melody). In a nutshell, “Summer of ‘21” is a nostalgic pop song that talks about that summer (whatever that may be for you) where everything felt like a movie.


Not long ago you performed at Rockwood Music Hall with Kai Wilson for your first Boston 

show. What was that experience like?

Honestly it didn’t even feel real until I got on stage that night. The Boston location is a great venue with amazing energy. Whether the venue is packed or not, it’s a very comfortable environment, and all the staff I’ve encountered thus far have been so kind and accommodating. I want to thank Adam Greenberg, as he reached out to me to get me on the schedule for that night. I feel so grateful that Kai was willing to have me at his show. He and Ezra Kruzich (another opener at the show) are such talented guys and I highly recommend their music, too. I hope to have many more shows at Rockwood as my career progresses!


And other live performances I should be on the lookout for?

Yes! I have a show on December 15 at Cantab Lounge in Cambridge, MA. The show is called Minifest, since it’s basically just a mini-scale music festival if you think about it! I’ve never performed at Cantab Lounge, so I’m excited to perform at a new venue and meet the other artists.


It is a ticketed event, whether in person or live-streamed, so I’ll put the link for y’all here: Tickets


I’d love to see some new faces there, so don’t forget to snag a ticket!


You just started studying at Berklee College of Music. What do you see Berklee doing for your career?

Berklee has been such a great experience so far! I’m planning to major in professional music, which is basically like one of those “choose your own story” books. It’ll allow me to simultaneously study songwriting, music business, and music production. I can see Berklee taking my production and performance skills to the next level, for sure. I also think Berklee provides some great networking opportunities and I’ve already learned so much from being around other musicians all the time.


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

My biggest challenge at the moment is comparison. I have this tendency to compare my voice, goals, and accomplishments to that of my peers. I definitely think that holds me back at times. Another big challenge I have though, is marketing. I am definitely a musician first, content creator second. Learning the ropes of social media and how to get people to actually engage with what I’m posting is certainly no easy job, but I’m learning.


What are your immediate music goals?

Well… I do have a new single that’s not yet announced, but will be soon! So marketing and releasing that is on top of the priority list at the moment. I’m also just trying to get through the first semester of college and work on posting as much as possible to my social media accounts. Posting has been something I’ve gotten behind on, so working on that is a big goal for me right now. 


---


I need to hear that new single, like, now!  


As always, I want to thank Alexis for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to Alexis and be ready for that new music. I would follow her on Instagram, and Spotify. You should also bookmark her webiste to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again Alexis, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment