Thursday, November 9, 2023

Juliana Kopp Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! Juliana Kopp
 is an amazing singer, whose upcoming debut single, "Not Sorry" is one you won't want to miss. I was so thrilled that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Juliana Kopp visits Section 36 Music!

I am incredibly excited about your first single, “Not Sorry”. What can you tell me about it?

“Not Sorry” is coming out on November 14th on all streaming platforms and you can pre-save it by clicking the link in my instagram bio @juliana.kopp. I wrote the song because I was tired of overusing the word “sorry”, and feeling the need to say it when I didn’t mean it. I find especially as a woman I say sorry a lot and it’s just so unneeded. We should be able to own our emotions and reactions and not have to apologize for that. Of course there are situations when apologizing is necessary but a lot of the time it’s not. So this song is to remind myself and everyone that we don’t always have to say “sorry” when we really aren’t sorry.


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

The first time we went into the studio was a lot of fun. It was my first time in a Berklee studio and I just found it so cool. My band and I had just played our first gig that night and then we had the session 10pm-2am and we were all hyped up on adrenaline. We were so excited and it was overall great vibes. And it was also when I met my producer for the first time which I feel super lucky and grateful about because now we work on everything together. It was fate!


What do you enjoy most about performing in front of an audience?

I love performing. My favourite part is when the audience is as into the music as I am, when they’re dancing or singing along, it’s just the best. I find I really feed off the audience’s energy. I love to rock out with my band on stage and the more I do it, the more comfortable I feel to dance around on stage. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My songwriting influences are Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, Gord Downie, Stevie Nicks, The Beatles. My singing influences are Sammy Rae, SZA, Erykah Badu, Hayley Williams, and many more!


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

I find it’s hard to get people to care. Everyone already has their music tastes, and it’s really hard to break into that. Not everyone is going to feel inclined to listen to a new single of an artist they’ve never heard of. So trying to get your name out there and getting people to listen is a big challenge for sure. 


What are your immediate music goals?

To get people to listen to my new song! It’s my first time really trying to market my music and it’s really hard, but at the same time a lot more fun than I thought. My worst fear is to come across cringey and not genuine on social media. It’s really easy to get sucked into different tiktok challenges and make something that seems really forced. So my goal is to avoid that and I think I am doing a pretty good job so far. My marketing videos that I’ve made are pretty silly and fun but they’re authentic to me!


---


Those are good goals. Definitely important to remember who you are. 


As always, I want to thank Juliana for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to Juliana and fbe ready for her first single. I would definitely presave her song and follow her on Instagram, to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again Juliana, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment