Monday, October 30, 2023

Don't Call Me Lizz Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! Don't Call Me Lizz
 is a incredible singer, whose recent single, "Sixteen" is one you absolutely need to listen to. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Don't Call Me Lizz visits Section 36 Music!

I absolutely love your recent single, “Sixteen”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you!! Sixteen is a very personal song of mine. I wrote it while trying to sort out these intense, whirlwind emotions, so it comes from a very real place. This single  (along with my debut EP coming soon!!)  really plays with themes of change, regret, and growing pains. All while being groovy and enchanting. The arpeggiated 7th chords are a very intentional thing throughout the song, but that’s all I’ll say about that :)


You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing you see Berklee doing for your career?

I think the best and most significant part of Berklee is the people. I have met some of the most insanely talented and wonderful individuals in my two years here. It’s truly a privilege meeting and collaborating with so many different people who all share a passion for music. 


What do you enjoy about performing in front of an audience?

I LOVE performing in front of an audience! I am usually a very reserved, somewhat-shy person, but when I perform, it’s a rush like no other. To me, it feels so freeing :)


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

Growing up, I loved powerhouse voices. When I started taking private lessons, I told my voice instructor I wanted to belt like Adele. Some other inspirations are Whitney Houston, and Hayley Williams from Paramore. 


Lyrically and musically, some of my idols include artists like Paramore, Death Cab For Cutie, Phoebe Bridgers, Mitski, Twenty One Pilots, and Ryan Tedder of One Republic. 


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

I think my biggest challenge so far has been putting myself out there. I spent so long overthinking every song and every small detail that I finally had to say F*** it and release something already!! Alongside juggling school, a job, AND this solo project. It’s stressful, but I wouldn’t be doing it if I didn’t love music :)


What are your immediate music goals?

My immediate goals are to keep promoting Sixteen and to finish up on my debut EP called “One Last Look, But Don’t Look Back.” To be released within the next 6 months or so!! :))


--


I'm definitely excited for that album!


As always, I want to thank Don't Call Me Lizz for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to Don't Call Me Lizz and follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and on Spotify. In fact, check her out everywhere


Thanks again Don't Call Me Lizz, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment