Friday, October 20, 2023

Marilyn Eden Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! Marilyn Eden
 is an incredible singer, fresh off her recent EP, "Sanguine Summer". I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Marilyn Eden visits Section 36 Music!

I absolutely love your debut EP, “Sanguine Summer”. What can you tell me about it?

(Thank you!) The concept of "Sanguine Summer" was something that started about four years ago. The title track "Sanguine Summer" originally began as a poem that I wrote in high school, and it stuck with me ever since. "Sanguine Summer" (the single) is about a special love, and such a simple one too. As a kid I always wanted to have a person who enjoyed the little things as I did, and just went with the flow; but at the same time, I love very hard, and even much so that if the world was to end, I'd love my person even after death, and that is something that I touch on in this song. As for the leading single "Red Religion" it was something that really spoke my truth about who I am. This song touches on my views on religion, and treating someone that you are so devoted to and so in love with, as a religious icon. The EP as a whole is all about a nostalgic romance focusing on the little things in a relationship, to the extreme promises you make to someone that you are so in love with. 


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

My favorite part of the recording process was definitely when my producer David Cloobeck, myself, and my dear friend Aidan Jensen were working on the guitar that is featured in "Red Religion." Aidan came into the studio that day with some general ideas in mind, but a lot of his work on this track was improvised. It was just so fun to be in the studio with my friends working on something that is so special to me. 


Do you see more studio work in your future?


Yes! I am currently working on a few projects that will be coming out later this year! 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

Some artists who have influenced me are Lana Del Rey, Ethel Cain, Adele -- But my number one musical influence is my late brother Julian Martinez. He passed away when I was six years old, but in that short time we spent together, he showed me how to fall in love with music. He was a talented guitarist and drummer, who loved everything rock n' roll. Shortly after he passed is when I discovered that I could sing and actually hold a note! Not only is he my top influence but he is the reason why I do music in the first place. 


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

Personally, I think the biggest challenge so far is finding the right audience and getting that engagement. I know the right audience is out there, they just have to find me!


What are your immediate music goals?

Some of my immediate music goals are to start performing more shows (be on the lookout for information about that really soon!), and to really just dive headfirst into the music industry. I am so grateful for all the love I have received so far for my music, but I'm also ready to really spread my name out into the world! 


--


I'm definitely excited to hear everything she has on the way!


As always, I want to thank Marilyn for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to Marilyn and follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and on Spotify. In fact, check her out everywhere


Thanks again Marilyn, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment