Saturday, March 30, 2024

New Music from Cece Benz, Allison Leah, Sarah King, NIKOLE, and Sabrina Ponte

 



"
Growing Pains" - EP by Cece Benz

Release Date: March 29, 2024

What You Should Know: "there are no words to describe how excited i am to have this project out in the world. it’s been a long time coming, a goal i’ve had for years. these 5 songs mean the world to me and each give a little glimpse into my life over the last 4 years in which they were written.

none of this would have been possible without @brunjomusic!! not only did they help bring these songs to life, but they created such a fun and safe environment to be able to experiment so freely with each of these songs. their knowledge is unmatched and they are just the coolest people i’ve ever met. thank you thank you thank you for taking on this project and working with me until everything felt right. there will never be enough thank you’s!

i hope these songs can find a place in your life like they have in mine. thank you for listening"


Find It: Everywhere, like Apple or Spotify

Previous Noteworthy Releases: "End Us", "Growing Pains"

Previously on Section 36: "Cece Benz Visits Section 36 Music!"



***






"Sunsets" - by Allison Leah

Release Date: March 29, 2024

What You Should Know: "I wrote "Sunsets" years ago and it has grown and evolved into the song it is now.  

I’ve played this song for audiences in Chicago, Indianapolis, Nashville, New York, Connecticut, DC, Austin, Houston, Arizona, and more. 

It is one of the most vulnerable songs I have ever written and I am so happy to release it into the world.  

I often say that I write songs to make sense of what I’m going through, and I release them in hopes that they will reach the person that needs it most. "

Find It: 
Spotify, and Apple

Previous Noteworthy Releases: "What I'm Missing", "24 Years Down", "Sorry For Myself", "i gave u my number"


***




"When It All Goes Down" - by Sarah King 

Release Date: March 29, 2024

What You Should Know: "It’s been a long journey to get here - one of the songs was even originally written in 2020 for my 2021 EP! - and sometimes along the way it’s easy to forget why you started. Playing live is my fave thing in the world. All the “behind the scenes” work offstage is not my fave, and I’ve been working hard behind the scenes for the last 6 months to make sure this is my best release yet."

Find It: Everywhere, like  Apple or Spotify

Previous Noteworthy Releases: "War Pigs", "Nightstand"

Previously on Section 36: "Sarah King Visits Section 36 Music!"


***





"Ode to Goob" - EP by NIKOLE

Release Date: March 29, 2024

What You Should Know: "February of last year I went to Boston for a week to finish up the project with @coldspringmotel . It was a crazy beautiful emotional week, working on songs that I wrote 2-4 years ago and having to revisit feelings I hadn’t even thought about up until that point. These songs truly feel like diary entries and it was a lil scary to think that anybody at some point could hear these and I’d feel so vulnerable, but I do think that’s the beauty in creating art. There were moments where I didn’t wanna continue working on them or felt like they’d never get released because the process felt so long and draining sometimes. What’s funny is.. that week we finished all the songs, we had even mixed and mastered them and I got back home and they still didn’t feel ready. I felt that pressure even more so then, like “oh yeah these are never gonna be ready”. Finally, I got my stuff together, pulled through and we got it to its full potential. This project taught me so much as an artist and I feel like I’ve grown so much ever since. Patience was what I really learned and trusting my intuition and ideas and learning that art takes time and even if I just spent a whole week finishing up this EP and then coming back and still not feeling satisfied, it was going to be OK. No one is rushing you but yourself when it comes to art.
It almost feels weird releasing these songs now because they’re so old but it’s time they see the light of day, they’re so special and mean so much to me."

Find It: 
Apple or Spotify

Previous Noteworthy Singles: "Love After Death", "90 Days"

***




"Mascara Stains" - EP by Sabrina Ponte 

Release Date: March 30, 2024

What You Should Know: As a fan of all of Sabrina's previous work, I could not be more excited about this song. It's one you won't want to miss.

Find It: Spotify or Apple
Previous Noteworthy Releases: "January", "Gaslight", "The Good Guy", "Rodeo Heart", "Head Over Heels", "Chance of Whiskey", "Black Roses", "U-Turn"

Previously on Section 36: "Sabrina Ponte Visits Section 36 Music!"

No comments:

Post a Comment