Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Mehlani: Community Engagement/Future Plans

Outside of my personal artist projects, I am exploring different areas that can help me build my skill levels outside songwriting. At Berklee I am studying IRP (Independent Recording & Production), and have gotten a lot of support from upperclassmen who can help lead me and answer my questions. I have been practicing vocal engineering for myself and others, and have been playing around on different DAW’s to get a feel for how things work. I’ve had a couple of friends let me practice engineering with them and it has been so great! In addition, I put together a fun little band with a few of my friends where we perform under the name ButterKn!fe– fun I know!


I have also been a part of very large musical events at Berklee. I decided to create Berklee’s first ever Lizzy McAlpine Ensemble. I recruited my good friend, Jorden Amir, to be the music director, and since then we have had a blast working out logistics, reviewing applications, and planning for upcoming performances! I’ve even had the joy of being able to practice with our amazing band to prepare for our show March 30th in the Loft on Berkelee’s Campus. This along with my experience as President of Berklee’s 150 Hall Council and helping sponsor “The Museum'', a student-run performance event held once a month, has helped me broaden my experiences in business-like settings where I get to manage groups of people in my community so that they have the opportunity to perform and showcase their talent in a safe space!


---


Be sure to stream Mehlani's latest single "Blood Money" wherever you can. To learn more about Mehlani, check out her November 2023 interview with us here at Section 36 Music.


No comments:

Post a Comment