Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Alex Skye Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor!
 Alex Skye is an incredible singer whose upcoming debut single is definitely one you won't want to miss.
 I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Alex Skye visits Section 36 Music!

I am incredibly excited about your upcoming debut single. What can you tell me about it?

My upcoming single is a song I wrote called Medicine. This song I began working on last year and brought to a producer at Berklee who helped bring the entire idea and image to light! It’s been a really fun process seeing this song transform into something I’ve never done before. I’m primarily a jazz and R&B artist and this single definitely took a turn from my usual writing style which has been a very fun change for me! It is going to be released to the world on April 12th and I’m so excited for this next step in my career and journey as a musician! 


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

My favorite part of the recording process was working with Julian Villegas my producer and pushing limits that I had previously set on my vocals and my artistry. I felt that I had been playing it safe with my writing for a while and Julian really encouraged me to try new ideas which developed my skills as a songwriter. Additionally all of the small details, harmonies, add libs, muffled conversation, voicemails, were all added and implanted secretly throughout the song so that every listen of the song you’d hear something new. 


You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What makes Berklee the right choice for you?

I am currently in my fourth semester at the Berklee College of Music and I have been loving my time here. Berklee was my top choice when choosing a college because of the resources, community, and connections. I have met so many wonderful people here who inspire me to be a better musician and who uplift and encourage me to be authentic to myself. I’m very grateful for the opportunity Berklee has given me to attend the college and I’m excited for what is to come as I progress in my years here! 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My biggest musical influences I would say are my dad and grandfather. I grew up playing and singing traditional Hispanic music with my grandfather and that was one of my largest inspirations that got me into music. My grandfather is from Mexico and him and I had a hard time communicating because of the language barrier but one way we always understood each-other was through music. This experience bonded him and I and inspired me to write my own music. My father and I began to write music together and perform in my 8th grade year and this was another pivotal moment that made me realize how much I enjoyed performing. Both my grandfather and father are two of my largest influences and two of my biggest supporters! 


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

My biggest challenge with my music career is something I have just began to solve! I’ve found that not having any music available on all different streaming platforms has been holding me back from propelling my career forward. When I had began writing I knew I wanted to release music but never felt ready. I was worried I’d never feel ready and struggled with trying to be “perfect” and appease everyone but through the writing and recording of Medicine I realized I wanted to write for fun again and begin to share my story. 


What are your immediate music goals?

My immediate goals are to continue to release music as well as perform live with my band in Boston! I have a full 8 piece band with all Berklee students and we have been performing around the city for a couple of months! We have our next shows in the following weeks, two this upcoming Friday March 29th on Tufts radio station and at the Warehouse XI in Somerville MA! The Warehouse XI is a venue I’ve been wanting to perform at since I first went last year and I’m so excited for this upcoming show! It is open to everyone and there will be three amazing bands playing! Aside from music release and live performing I also hope to begin writing music for other people and advancing as a songwriter and arranger! 


---


I am definitely excited to follow along as she reaches those goals. 


As always, I want to thank Alex for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Spotify and Instagram to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again Alex, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment