Monday, March 4, 2024

Milani Rivers Visits Section 36!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor!
 Milani Rivers is an incredible singer fresh off the release of her fantastic single "In Vain".
 I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Milani Rivers visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoyed your song, “In Vain”. What can you tell me about it?

“In Vain” is a piano ballad I wrote in 2021 that evolved to a confident and fiery rock song somewhere in my creative process. This song is about leaving a mark on a person’s heart and having the boldness to believe you are irreplaceable.


Do you see more studio work in your future?

There is more music coming!!! I record in my bedroom with a combination of real and played instruments. Since graduating, releasing more of my music has become a goal!


You are a graduate of Berklee College of Music. What is the biggest thing you saw Berklee do for your career?

Berklee helped me find my confidence as a musician more than anything. I used to be afraid to sing, and desire a career in just songwriting. Since meeting more musicians, I discovered my love for entertaining, live music, and event planning. Berklee was a great testing lab for self discovery within the many niches in the music industry.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My musical influences are mostly pop/rock artists. I listened to a lot of Selena Gomez and Avril Lavigne growing up. I have always loved seeking out music in other languages and styles that I wouldn’t naturally discover, so I think I’ve developed my sound from my favorite parts of whatever is playing at the moment.


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

My biggest challenge has been gaining the confidence to release music. I hesitated a lot in my sound and ability, but I now realize that where I am is the only place I can be. I have recently found my sound vocally and sonically, and am excited to share my magic with more music lovers!!!


What are your immediate music goals?

I am currently working on releasing another single to lead up to an EP (yay!!) that will be released in May. I’m super excited to have this project out since I have an overwhelming amount of unreleased music.


---


Those are great goals. I'm so excited for that new music!  


As always, I want to thank Milani for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram and Spotify to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again Milani, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment