Monday, October 25, 2021

“Black Roses” by Sabrina Ponte (Oct 29, 2021 release)

"Black Roses" is the upcoming single from Nashville superstar Sabrina Ponte! 

You're going to want to listen to this song as soon as it's available! What can you expect from the song? Luckily, Sabrina was willing to answer a few questions about it for us.

I was so excited to hear that you were releasing “Black Roses”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you, I am really excited for everyone to be able to hear this song. I have a lot in the works but "Black Roses" is a song that is special to me because I wrote it during quarantine, which is a time we will all always remember. I had had the concept of black roses in my head a little bit prior to writing and if memory serves me right I woke up in the middle of the night, sang the melody of a line in the chorus "All you gave me were black roses," then wrote the rest of the song the next day. Whenever I'm falling asleep or actually sleeping and an idea comes to me I try my best to wake up enough to get it down in my notes or on voice memos so I don't forget it in the morning.


Brooke Albertson Photography

What did you enjoy most about producing the single?

I really enjoyed playing with sound on this one. Brett Hestla produced the track and gave it a rock edge I really like and think fits my vocal in the song. It's a song that you can just belt out in the car and one I hope people will be able to connect with as well. My goal with creating music is to evoke feeling whether that is helping someone heal, empower someone, create joy, let them know they are not alone, or release emotion and with "Black Roses," I feel people can really allow themselves to release. I think it's really cool when someone can listen to a song and be like, "wow that was exactly how I have been feeling but couldn't put into words" or can find something they have been looking for in a song. Music is really a powerful thing and with "Black Roses" being a powerful song it's one that I hope can be whatever someone needs at the time or wants it to be for themselves.


I am a huge fan of your previous single, "U-Turn". How would you say "Black Roses" compares to that one?

I appreciate that! I think if you liked "U-Turn" you'll like "Black Roses" as well. "Black Roses" I would say is more of a power ballad and slightly more edgy than "U-Turn," but both songs cross over genres which is something I find can make them appealing to more people.


***

Brooke Albertson Photography
That sounds great to me. 

You'll be able to find “Black Roses" just about everywhere you usually get your music like Spotify or Apple! So, there's no reason why you won't be able track it down as soon as it's released…which I highly suggest you do.

If you want to learn more about Sabrina, check out her Section 36 Music profile page. There you can find links to her other appearances within the Section 36 suite, her social media accounts, as well as more samples of her incredible singing.

You can also hop directly to her recent interview right here on Section 36 Music, or her previous visit with Section 36. Any of those will give you an opportunity to learn more about this amazing singer.

Be sure to give "Black Roses" a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment