Friday, October 8, 2021

“Colorblind” by Diana Flynn (Oct 8, 2021 release)

"Colorblind" is the first single from the amazing singer Diana Flynn! 





You're going to want to hear this song as soon as you can! What can you expect from the song? Luckily, Diana was willing to answer a few questions about it for us.

I was so excited to hear that you were releasing your first single, “Colorblind”. What can you tell me about it?

The story is all in the song! I (being the *VERY* safe driver that I am) drove through a stop sign after a breakup because I was so caught up thinking about the situation. I turned on voice memos while I was driving and recorded the line “I don’t see the stop signs when it comes to you”. Then a few weeks later I wrote a rough version of what is now the chorus. I told the lines to my co-writer Lily Lewis and we both were so excited about it!


What did you enjoy most about producing the single?

I got to go to LA with my great friend Nataliya Karpov and work with the most fun passionate people. I was so scared to record the song beforehand and kept joking that we should just go home and forget it. Nat came with me to the studio and it was the best experience. 


We screamed the entire car ride home, stopped at a parking garage to charge our car, and ran around the roof of it dancing and screaming. We were bursting with joy and excitement overlooking the most beautiful view of LA lit up at night while the car charged.


What was the most challenging part of getting this single recorded and released?

The most challenging part was overcoming my own self-doubt and fear of authenticity. I had been so conditioned to put on a voice that didn’t belong to me; I pretended to be someone else because I didn’t think who I was would ever be good enough. Colorblind forced me to let all of that go.


When we last talked, we discussed your future recording goals. What do you now have planned for the future?

I’m honestly just enjoying taking each day at a time and not getting lost in any big plans. I’m super excited to keep traveling and shooting as a model while writing with other artists. I love it more than anything.


***

That sounds great to me. You'll be able to find “Colorblind" just about everywhere you usually get your music like Spotify or Apple! So, there's no reason why you won't be able track it down…which I highly suggest you do.


If you want to learn more about Diana, check out her Section 36 Music profile page. There you can find links to her full interview with Section 36 Music, her social media accounts, as well as more samples of her incredible singing.

You can also hop directly to her recent interview right here on Section 36 Music. That will give you an opportunity to learn more about this amazing singer.


Be sure to give “Colorblind" a listen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment