Friday, July 5, 2019

Sabrina Visits Section 36!


Section 36 Music has its first visitor! You may remember Sabrina from her previous visit with Section 36. This time, we are going to talk all about her music. She recently moved to Nashville to give a boost to her singing career, so I'm sure you're as excited as I am to hear how that's gone and what she has coming up next.

So, let’s see what happens when Sabrina visits Section 36!

You recently moved from Boston to Nashville. What led to that change?
I was able to finish up my classes in the fall semester, but for degree completion I needed to take an internship. So knowing I wanted to come to Nashville I took 9 classes the previous semester to have the Spring semester available for travel. I got my #1 internship at Sawyer and Garner Management which was a wonderful learning experience and am currently with Carnival Music. Moving to Nashville to pursue music has always been my dream so being able to come down here, work on my music, and learn from some of the best in the business is more than I could have asked for.

You’ve had several live performances in the Nashville area recently. What have you enjoyed about those shows?
I have been performing out quite a bit! I love to see the reaction
from people in the audience and it's great to see how your songs read and which ones people seem to like more than others. I also find that every time, as we say in Nashville, I "play-out," that I become a lot more comfortable on stage and showing people my music!

Do you have any upcoming appearances you’re excited about?
I do! I will be performing August 3rd at The Listening Room which is a really amazing place to perform, a lot of great artists have been on that stage and it's not an easy place for someone new to Nashville to book. I will be debuting some originals so it should be a lot of fun.

I really enjoyed the acoustic version of “Sober” you did on video. How was that to put together?
Thank you so much! I actually wrote that song this fall straight from the heart, I'm sure you heard in the intro I talk about how it is about needing to do what is best for you and getting yourself out of toxic situations which can be easier said than done! Sky Corban is a Nashville songwriter I play-out with quite a bit who accompanies me and he spiced up the existing chords for me which makes the song a little more interesting in my opinion. I have always sung "Sober" acoustic but it is definitely a song I plan on putting out soon with some more upbeat production!

In addition to live shows, you’ve been in the studio quite a bit lately. What have you been working on, and when will we be able to hear the results of those sessions?
This July I am going to start giving some teasers for my single "U-Turn" coming out August 3rd! I'm super excited about it because not only will it be my first single but seems to be a fan favorite when I perform! 

Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge?
My biggest career challenge would have to be putting myself out there and finding the right people to work with. You want people on your team who believe just as much in your music as you do, fit your sound, and have a vision, not who are just going through the motions. This is something I think will come with time though, I have had the opportunity to work with some pretty talented people so far and am very grateful.

What are your immediate career goals?
My immediate career goals are to keep performing and being able to get my music out there because I would love for people to hear what I have been working on! I also recently signed with The Block Agency so I am looking forwarding to receiving bookings and being able continue modeling and acting in Nashville.

----


That sounds so exciting. I can't wait to see how it goes for her!

As always, I want to thank Sabrina for visiting. It was wonderful to hear everything that's happening to her. I also want to thank her for sending along the pictures that accompany the interview. They always make for a better post!

Since I'm sure you also want to follow along with Sabrina's career, I suggest you check out her social media accounts...Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

Of course you could also check out Sabrina's Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and some of her music. It's a great way to enjoy all things Sabrina.

Thanks again Sabrina, and good luck with your upcoming events!


No comments:

Post a Comment