Monday, January 29, 2024

Cece Benz Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor!
 Cece Benz is an incredible singer fresh off a new single that you absolutely need to hear.
 I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Cece Benz visits Section 36 Music!

I absolutely love your recent single “I Liked Your Mama Better”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much!! I actually wrote this song during my sophomore year of high school. I was talking to a guy and I realized it was not going anywhere. In that realization, it became clear that I really liked his mom and enjoyed talking to her so much. That is how the idea of the song was born. As I was writing the song, it occurred to me that this was the case with most of the guys I had talked to. It could be that my taste in guys was not great or that their moms were just really cool - who knows!!


Is there more studio work in your future?

There is definitely more studio work in my future. I spent the summer working on my first big project at Brunjo Studios in Nashville. I am in the midst of slowly releasing that project, with “I Liked Your Mama Better” being the second single. I plan to get back in the studio as soon as possible to start recording the songs I have been writing recently, as well as some older songs that did not make it on this particular project. 


You are currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing Berklee is doing for your career?

I feel like the biggest thing that Berklee is doing for me as far as my career goes, is helping  me to establish the best network and community in the music world. The people I have met just during my first semester are some of the most talented and brilliant people. Being immersed in this environment every day only inspires me to be a better musician myself. The collaborations, cowrites and immersive experiences are what I have been waiting to find for years as an independent artist. 


What do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

I love getting to see people’s reactions to my songs. It’s so nice to hear that people connect with and enjoy my songs over social media, but getting to watch their faces as they listen to my songs is something so special. Knowing that they relate to, or have shared the same experiences in life can really create a great experience.


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

As an independent artist trying to get discovered in the age of social media, it is really difficult to navigate and find success. It can be very frustrating to put all of my time into my music, and then hours on top of that into social media marketing, and not see immediate benefits. It is an organic, natural process that takes time and patience. That can sometimes be difficult. 


What are your immediate music goals?

I definitely want to start performing more around the country. I would love the experience of opening for someone on a tour, and, of course, eventually touring on my own. I also want to put as much of my music out in the world as I can. 


---


Those are great goals. Excited for her to reach them!  


As always, I want to thank Cece for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram  and Spotify to make sure you don't miss a thing. You should also visit her website. It's a great way to keep track of everything she has going on.


Thanks again Cece, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment