Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Getting to Know Treble Threat from the Rookies

Treble Threat is Berklee College of Music's only all-women and non-binary a cappella group, providing an immersive and empowering musical experience within an a cappella environment. 

What makes these amazing performers decide to try out for such a group? I asked the new members of the group to try to find out. It looks like a couple reasons came to the forefront. 

For new member Kailyn, it was a love of a cappella. As she said, "I loved the idea of A Cappella since I was 10, when I watched Pitch Perfect for the first time, so when I got into Berklee, I knew I would have the opportunity to join one. Then, once I finally got to Berklee, I went to the club fair. The first thing I did was head towards the a cappella groups. But the only one that caught my eye was Treble Threat. I talked to the members for a while but instantly knew they were the only group I was going to audition for. And now, here I am."


Others were draw to the sense of community, like Ella who said, "I was really drawn to the welcoming community of Treble Threat. I was at the club fair and when I met them I knew that I would be joining a supportive and non-judgmental environment. Also they sing so beautifully!"

Sophia had similar thoughts when she said, "I decided to try out for Treble Threat because I wanted to meet new people and be a part of a community at Berklee. I thought an all-female and non-binary a cappella group would be a great space to make music with cool people! Additionally, I watched Pitch Perfect and had to try it out for myself. Excited to be a part of the group!"

Clearly, Pitch Perfect also had quite an effect on people.

But, now that they were members, what part of Treble Threat were they looking forward to? What where their goals?

For Sophia, she was "looking forward to being a part of the a cappella community in and outside of Berklee. I would love to meet other a cappella members and attend various events, performances, or competitions." 

Ella was excited about the performances. "We already sound so great and I can’t wait for everyone to hear! Our songs also all have great messages, and I think people who listen will

enjoy them."


Kailyn put it all in one package since she was "so excited to get to know the group members better. They are all such beautiful people, and everyone has fun yet different personalities that I can not wait to see more of throughout the year. But something a cappella related that I am looking forward to is getting to perform at the ICCA’s. I mean, if you are a Pitch Perfect fan, you know where my excitement is coming from. And I cannot wait to sing with all of these talented people."


Whatever the reason, you can sense that every member is glad they signed up for the experience!


I can't recommend enough that you check out this amazing group. Follow them on their socials: InstagramFacebook, and Youtube. And if you get the chance to see them perform in person, don't miss out. It's an experience you need to take in for yourself.


Thanks to all the rookie members of Treble Threat who shared their thoughts with us. 


Stay tuned as we'll hear from more members of this amazing group in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment