Monday, January 15, 2024

Gracie Modean Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor!
 Gracie Modean is an incredible singer with a long performance history.
 I was thrilled that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Gracie Modean visits Section 36 Music!

I absolutely love the music you’ve posted on social media. Do you see any studio work in your future?

Thank you so much! I have been working recently in various studios recording a single that is very special to me. My girlfriend and I got hired to write some music for a short film and decided to re-recorded our favorite original from the film. I hope to release it soon possibly next month ! I have big plans to release other music as well. I love working in the studio with my wonderful team and am excited to start releasing my original music. 


You had the opportunity to perform the National Anthem before a Rancho Cucamonga Quakes Game. What was that experience like?

I absolutely love singing for the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes! They are always so kind and welcoming. Once I arrive, they set up their cameras and we do a mic test before I sing. It’s all super simple! After my Mic test I wait for the players to finish practicing and then I go down on the field to sing. After, I get to enjoy the game! It’s always so fun and such an honor to be asked to sing.


You are currently attending Berklee College of Music. Why was Berklee the right fit for you?

Berklee is the right fit for me because Berklee allows me to explore all of my passions. I can study all types of vocal performance while taking songwriting classes and perform Pop, Jazz, Or Gospel in my ensemble! Berklee also has an amazing pool of people to collaborate and connect with. I am very grateful for the opportunities Berklee gives me and will hopefully continue to give me in the future. 


You’ve been able to perform with some wonderful fellow artists. Do any of these opportunities stand out in your mind?

One of my favorite moments was performing in a show with Jordan Fisher and Idina Menzel! They both have some of the most incredible live vocals I have ever heard. I was lucky enough to have a small solo in the same song as Jordan and will remember that moment forever. My favorite moment was talking with Megan Hilty during the rehearsals on stage. She was so down to earth and inspiring. That was definitely one of my favorite shows. 


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

One of my biggest challenges in my music career would be the rejection I have faced growing up. I am so grateful for how it has shaped me and pushed me to grow. One moment of rejection I remember is working extremely hard to re-audition for an exclusive group that I was rejected from a year prior. I was incredibly embarrassed when my friends got in and I did not. I put in lots of work that year improving and learning how to properly prepare myself for auditions. My hard work and determination paid off when I got in and got a big solo. 


What are your immediate music goals?

My current goals are to keep writing and sharing my music. I am working towards releasing an EP once I’ve released my debut single. In the future, I hope to get my Masters after Berklee and enter the music industry as a professional. I also have a passion for interior design and hope to get a masters in interior design as well. 


---


Those are great goals. I know I'm excited for that single!  


As always, I want to thank Gracie for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again Gracie, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment