Friday, October 2, 2020

“Nightstand" by Sarah King (Release date October 2, 2020)

“Nightstand" is the latest single from the incredible singer Sarah King!




And you won’t want to miss it!


What can you expect from the Song? Well, here’s what Sarah herself had to say about it in her recent interview with us…


“…My new single, Nightstand, has a totally different feel. For this track, I worked with Simone Felice and David Baron (the producers for the Lumineers, Jade Bird, Matt Maeson, Bat for Lashes, etc) in the Catskill Mountains. It's got much darker overtones than the songs on “What Happened Last Night”, and it was produced with more of a trip-hop, dark alternative vibe. I loved being able to incorporate some different influences into this track and utilize different instrumentation than I've worked with before.


Nightstand is a slow but powerful burn, and it builds. It starts off casually enough, but if you listen to the words, it's a warning not to underestimate women. By the end you can hear the edge in my voice, especially in a line talking about how "the world's been trying to take me out since the day I first arrived." It wasn't written to be a political statement or anything, but it's certainly become a timely theme, and I'm looking forward to sharing it.” 



That sounds amazing to me!


You can find “Nightstand" just about everywhere you usually get your music like Apple and Spotify. So, there's no reason you won't be able to find it.…which I highly suggest you do.


***


If you want to learn more about Sarah, check out her Section 36 profile page. It has samples of her music, links to where you can find her, and more.


You can also hop directly to her recent interview right here on Section 36 Music.


Be sure to give “Nightstand" a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment