Thursday, May 19, 2022

Scarlett Dream Visits Section 36 Music!

Photo Guzel Khos
Section 36 Music has another visitor! Scarlett Dream is an incredible singer whose single "Out Til Dawn" likely finds a place in your playlist. I was so excited she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Scarlett Dream visits Section 36 Music! 

I’m a huge fan of your recent single “Out Til Dawn”. What can you tell me about it?

Out Til Dawn was created in the studio in NYC and I like that it's pretty upbeat compared to some of my other songs. The music video on YouTube was shot in the desert in Joshua Tree and it was a really fun experience to have with my friends! I may now be on thin ice with Airbnb but it was totally worth it!


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

Photo Guzel Khos
My favorite part of the recording process is refining the song and getting in the booth, followed by hearing my producers work their magic and give our ideas life. There's something special about unleashing a message in the booth and having it finally exist outside of your mind. A weight gets lifted.  


Is there anything else you're currently working on? 

I'm working on so much new music! The first single i’ll be releasing of 2022 is coming out on May 24th! 


It's called Tell Me, and it originated on a voice memo with my fiance playing ukulele in the background. We kept the ukulele in the final version! 


Most songs require an intricate editing process but this song vocally stayed the same from the voice memo to the final version. It was a stream of consciousness of things I was feeling at that moment. I think those emotions are what make the song authentic and relatable to others. I can't wait for you to hear it-- you can Spotify pre-save in my IG bio! 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

Photo Guzel Khos
My biggest musical influences are Mazzy Star, Frank Ocean, Beach House, Lykke Li, Clairo, Duran Duran, and Joy Division. I love 80’s synth pop vibes! I'm just a fan of good music from John Legend to Adele to Nick Drake. 


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

The biggest challenge for me is gaining traction as a small artist. It's hard to cut through the noise in the music industry. 


What are your immediate career goals?

I'm excited to continue putting songs out and creating videos, as well as doing live performances. One goal of mine is to have my music in a show or film, or to even create music for a movie soundtrack. 


---


That sounds like a great goal!


As always, I want to thank Scarlett Dream for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I know you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. The best way to do that is probably to follow her on Instagram and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both of those right now!

You can also check out her Section 36 Music page. It's a perfect way to enjoy everything she has to offer all in one place.


Thanks again Scarlett Dream, and good luck reaching your goals!





No comments:

Post a Comment