Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Sayaka Visits Section 36 Music

Section 36 Music has another visitor! Sayaka is an incredible singer, fresh off the release of her latest single "Maybe (It'll Work Out)". I was so glad she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Sayaka visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoyed your recent single “Maybe (It’ll Work Out)”. What can you tell me about it?

I wrote this song right at the start of the pandemic, and at the time I was in a relationship with someone who had recently graduated from Berklee College of Music. I still had a year left of school and my partner was planning on moving to NYC, thinking the pandemic wouldn't last as long as it did. I was preparing myself to do a long-distance relationship from Boston to NYC  with someone I really loved, and I was hesitant which is what inspired the song! 


Do you have any other music in the works?

I do have more music on the way! I'm currently working on an EP - it's in the works but the production of everything is nearly finished! Super exciting and a bit different from everything I've done in the past. My music always reflects stages of my life, and this EP is a reflection of my life post-graduation, so it's a bit darker (but I'm ok I promise) 


You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest way that is helping your career? 

I actually graduated from Berklee a semester before I was supposed to, but I would say that making connections and the performance opportunities that Berklee has to offer is most valuable in my career. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

I have a lot of influences, my close friends know that my father has always been a great inspiration for me, as he was the one who got me into music in the first place. Other than him, I'm inspired by the likes of Stevie Wonder, Sara Bareilles, and Bon Iver!


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

My biggest career challenge would have to be being openly vulnerable on social media. It's not that I don't want to, I definitely do because I'd love for my music to reach people who face the same obstacles as I do, but it hasn't been easy. I hope that by me doing that, it could help someone else feel better knowing they're not alone. 


What are your immediate career goals?

I believe that if something is meant to happen, it will. My immediate career goal is to get this EP out and have my very first music video filmed!! One step at a time. 


---


I definitely want to hear that EP!


As always, I want to thank Sayaka for visiting, and for sending along the picture to accompany the interview.


I know you’ll all want to follow along with Sayaka to see what she's up to. The best way to do that is probably to follow her on Instagram and/or Spotify. You should also check out her website. I suggest doing all of those right now!


You can also check out her Section 36 Music page. It's a perfect way to enjoy everything Sayaka has to offer all in one place.


Thanks again Sayaka, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment