Friday, February 23, 2024

“Seats for Ghosts" by Delilah Brao

  



"Seats for Ghosts" - by Delilah Brao 

Release Date: February 9, 2024

Video Release: February 23, 2024

What You Should Know...

What do you want listeners to know about your new song, “Seats For Ghosts”?

“Seats For Ghosts” is about a Christmas gift, a set of antique college chairs, that my mom bought for my ex before we broke up. She never got to give him the gift and the chairs sat collecting dust in my basement. Every time I saw the chairs I imagined a version of us sitting in them - talking, laughing, arguing. It started to feel like the chairs were haunting me. So I wrote a song about it! 


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

I wasn’t sure that I wanted to include “Seats For Ghosts” on this project. I felt like writing about chairs in my basement wouldn’t be relatable enough. But in the end, plenty of people relate to other personal stories, and I really like the song so I decided to put it out. I’m grateful to all the people who made the song with me and encouraged me to see the song through because ultimately I think chairs in my basement can be emotional for everyone. 


What was it like creating the music video for the song?

The best part of this music video is that we essentially had to film it twice. We had to film all the projector scenes, then had to film all my scenes with the projections. It took quite a bit of time and planning to get everything right. I made the video with awesome friends (which is the key to having fun even when you’re taping a sheet to the ceiling for the 10th time in a day). Another highlight was putting the chairs in the ocean. We filmed that in the winter, it was incredibly cold. The outtakes from that are amazing. One day I’ll post them. 


Is there anything about the song/recording that you’re most proud of?

I love the prechoruses to this song. They feel so nostalgic. I feel like I’m 19 and dancing to “Wouldn’t It Be Nice” in a college frat bedroom feeling really cool with a manhattan in my hand. Speaking of the Beach Boys, there are a few somewhat hidden references to Beach Boy songs throughout the song. You should see if you can find them. 


What are you looking forward to next?

I’m so excited for everyone to watch the “Seats For Ghosts” music video and stream “Seats For Ghosts” wherever they stream music. If you want to follow along to see what’s next you should follow my Instagram and TikTok! 



Find It: Everywhere, like  Apple or Spotify

Previously on Section 36: "Delilah Brao Visits Section 36 Music!"


No comments:

Post a Comment