Monday, February 12, 2024

Elliott Woods Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor!
 Elliott Woods is an amazing singer fresh off the release of her debut single.
 I was thrilled that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Elliott Woods visits Section 36 Music!

What can you tell me about your debut single, “Call My Name”?

I can tell you that my debut single, Call My Name, is the one out of many songs I’ve written that I wanted the world to hear first. Everything on this track from the writing to the production was done completely solo (except for the photoshoot, which a friend did with me). It’s a folk song I wrote in my bedroom on guitar about the struggles that come with growing up, and missing when life was easier in the younger years. My friend and I shot the cover in Austria over winter break too, which I think is super cool!


You’re a frequent live performer. What is your favorite part about performing on stage?

My favorite part about playing on stage is the feeling when I get so into the music that everything just disappears and I am in a whole different place. Its like a performance high


You’re currently attending Berklee College of Music. What makes Berklee the right choice for you?

Berklee is definitely the right choice for me, and the reason for that is because all of the talent around me drives and motivates me to be the best, most productive and creative version of myself. Also the Cafe 24 acas bowls are super good.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

It’s so hard to come up with a solid answer for this question, because every day, my influences change, and I want to create something new. For Call My Name though, I definitely took inspiration from James Taylor and Vance Joy. In general though, my biggest musical influences are Ethel Cain, Clairo, and Taylor Swift.


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

My biggest challenge with my music career right now is definitely managing everything, as well as trying to make money. Having to write, record, book shows, and promote my music alone all while balancing school on time can be super overwhelming and exhausting. As my music career progress in the future, I plan hire out the jobs that need to be done, but for now, that is one hundred percent the biggest challenge


What are your immediate music goals?

My music goals right now are to release a steady stream of singles, and then put out an album I’ve been working on. I want to find people who resonate with that music, and similarly, getting noticed is also very high on that list, but I will work every day until that happens!


---


Those are great goals. Can't wait to watch her reach them!  


As always, I want to thank Elliott for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram  and Spotify to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again Elliott, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment