Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Kamryn Visits Section 36 Music!

Brian Doherty
Section 36 
Music has another visitor!
 Kamryn is an incredible singer, whose recent single, "
Another Day", is simply outstanding. I was so excited that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Kamryn visits Section 36 Music!

Your recent single, “Another Day” is just amazing. What can you tell me about it?

First of all, thank you so much! “Another Day” was written by myself and Sahaj Ticotin, an amazing producer, musician, and vocalist that I’ve had the pleasure of working with over the last few years. The song started as a pop piano ballad that I wrote into my phone. I brought it to Sahaj and he transformed it into the track it is now, with the help of Alex Cabrera on the post chorus drops. It’s about knowing the relationship or situation you’re in is difficult and that you probably can’t save it but you also can’t let it go. To me, this song is like the era of pop music fused with EDM and House. It's my first release in a few years and it was so fun to work on. I’m so happy it’s out and I can share it with everyone!


I also loved the video for the song. What do you enjoy about putting videos together?

I’m so glad! I love it too. I really enjoy the collaboration aspect, and being able to work with such talented people that can take a vision and bring it to life. I got to work with Tyler Ayers of Revelry Studios out of Manchester, NH, who I worked with on my previous video “Without You” in 2019. I told him that I saw this video as relatively simple, just a performance video with some cool lighting so that the song could be highlighted. And that’s exactly what it was, but the visuals itself were also so stunning. The lighting, the strobes, everything about it matched so well with the track.


I also really loved styling myself for the video! I only had two looks but I loved being able to put them together, especially the purple sequin jumpsuit with the pink/red and blue lights behind it. That look was my favorite, it complemented the lighting so well and the sequins gave it a little extra sparkle in places.


You’ve had the opportunity to perform the National Anthem at Fenway Park. What was that experience like?

Yes! Singing at Fenway was so amazing, and I’ve been so lucky to have gotten the opportunities to sing the National Anthem at TD Garden and Gillette Stadium as well. With each performance, I always get so excited and maybe a little nervous but that goes away once I start to sing.


I remember my Fenway Park performance to be so nerve-racking. I was 16 at the time and it was the first time I had ever done anything like that. I had gone to do a soundcheck at the stadium the day before the game and did not know there was going to be such a delay between my live vocal and what came out of the sound system! That game, I was singing God Bless America which is performed during the seventh inning, I spent the first seven innings of the game so nervous about the performance and the delay there was going to be. Once I got on the field to sing, I almost blacked out, but I tried to just focus on my vocals and nothing else. I think I did okay! Since then though, I’ve felt much more prepared for those performances and have gotten to enjoy the experiences much more!


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

Revelry Studios
I’m influenced by so much. My dad is a musician and has introduced me to so many artists that are some of my greatest influences. Whitney Houston, Queen, Sara Bareilles. Their music has had such an impact on me from such a young age. Christina Aguilera has been my vocal inspiration, along with Whitney, for so long. I feel like I have her riff style so ingrained in my vocal palette. I’ve also always been really inspired by Ariana Grande and her sound. The pop music with heavy R&B influences that really showcase great vocals. I totally want to get to releasing some music like that!


My biggest influence for over half of my life has been Lady Gaga. When I was 11, I remember watching her Thanksgiving special on TV and was in such awe. I just love how versatile she is as an artist and a performer. She’ll go from a dance pop choreographed performance, to a jazz number with Tony Bennett, to a solo piano ballad, and everything will feel so authentic. That Christmas, I asked for a keyboard because I wanted to learn to be like her. I was so inspired! I think around then was the time when I seriously wanted to be a singer and artist.


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

My biggest challenge has been shifting from cover artist to original artist, most especially with performing, and being more consistent with my original art. I started gigging when I was 13 with my dad around New England, and have always been able to find gigs doing cover music, which I do love doing and I do a lot of it! But it’s been more difficult for me to find gigs for myself as an original artist. Maybe most of my connections are in the cover music world in Boston, but I would definitely love to figure out how to play more original shows in the future!


What are your immediate music goals?

My biggest goal in the near future is to finish up some of the music that I’ve been working on and start releasing it! There’s some really cool songs that I’d love for everyone to hear. I also would love to start putting together a team and perform more shows as an original artist.


---


I can't wait for the release of that new music!  


As always, I want to thank Kamryn for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram, and Spotify. I'd also bookmark her website to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again Kamryn, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment