Monday, September 12, 2022

Emilia De Cola Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor!  
Emilia De Cola is a fantastic singer fresh off the release of her single "Paradise". I was so excited she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Emilia visits Section 36 Music!

I’m a huge fan of your recent single “Paradise.” What can you tell me about it?

Thank you for listening to my song. “Paradise” is about the first exciting feelings when falling in love or developing a crush. When I first heard this beat, I instantly thought of summer and spending your summer break with someone you care about. Once I finished writing the verses and pre-chorus, I took it to one of my vocal producers, Témi, to help me think of the melody for the chorus. When he showed me the melody for the chorus, I instantly fell in love with it. As we were trying to write the lyrics for the chorus, my dad came up with the idea of calling the song Paradise. I loved it as the title for the single and the lyrics for the chorus came easy after that.

 

I also had some amazingly talented Berklee friends contribute to this song. ZKJade and HILLOC helped me tweak some of the lyrics and melody to perfect the track. Alexander Ammons mixed the track, and Abram Lembono mastered the song, which pulled everything together. I was honoured to have musicians who inspire me daily to participate in this project. 

 

Is there any other studio work in your future?

Yes, I have been working on new music I plan to release this year. I also plan on releasing an EP by the end of this year. Each song I write is based on a personal experience that I went through, and I hope people can relate to it. 


Last year, you graduated from Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing Berklee has done for your career? 

 The biggest thing Berklee has done for me was providing me with the connections and networking opportunities to help advance my music career. I was surrounded by amazing musicians and professors who challenged me and helped me improve my performance and songwriting skills. I also got to join many seminars with music

executives and industry who would give the students fantastic advice about getting involved in the music industry. I wouldn’t be the musician I am today without going to Berklee College of Music.

 

Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

I grew up listening to various genres, making me more of a versatile musician. My biggest musical influences are Kathleen Battle, Ariana Grande, Tori Kelly, Cynthia Erivo, Ledisi, Sara Bareilles, and Eva Cassidy. I admire these artists because they have excellent vocal techniques and are fantastic songwriters. 


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

My biggest career challenge would be comparing your music and artistry to other musicians. In this industry, getting discouraged is easy when some songwriters and singers are technically more advanced than you. I try to remember and tell myself that I am good enough and have a place in the music scene for my voice to be heard. It’s important to be surrounded by people who believe in you, are positive, and want to see you succeed.  

 

What are your immediate career goals?

My immediate career goals are to post more social media music content and find performance opportunities/networking in Toronto. I would love to attract more listeners to my music.


---


She definitely deserves more listeners for her music!


As always, I want to thank Emilia  for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now!

Thanks again Emilia, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment