Thursday, September 29, 2022

Thalia Tymowski Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
Thalia Tymowski is a fantastic singer who performs with the band Among the Stars. I was so excited she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Thalia Tymowski visits Section 36 Music!

You’re the front woman for the band Among The Stars. How did that come together?
The band really began back in 2017 as an instrumental project our guitarist Matt Baker started in his high school bedroom. Initially it was just him, his guitar, and Logic, but after coming to Berklee he decided to fill out the band with full instrumentation. And when it came time to choose a singer they reached out to me!

I really enjoyed the band’s recent single “Ekstasis”. What can you tell me about it? 
Ekstasis initially started as one of those songs that Matt wrote all those years ago in his bedroom. When the band finally all got together we decided to go through the original Among the Stars catalogue and adapt some of those songs for a full band setting and vocal parts. We finished writing the current version of the song last fall and were really excited to finally record and release it this summer. This song has been several years coming so we are really stoked to have it out in the world.

You are currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing Berklee is doing for your career? 
The biggest thing Berklee has done for my career is introduce me to some of the best musicians and people I have ever met. The music industry is something so collaborative, you can’t navigate it all alone. So meeting my immensely talented bandmates and finding like minded people who are willing to work toward achieving our career goals together has been the biggest help and motivator.

Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?
The band Paramore and specifically Hayley Williams are at the top of the list of my personal influences. Hayley is such a captivating performer and inspirational songwriter and I am always in awe of her work.

What would you say is your biggest career challenge?
I think so far my biggest career challenge is knowing which way to go. The music industry isn’t so cut and dry, there are a lot of ways to become a full time performer. Sometimes it’s about social media or playing the right gigs or meeting the right people. So I really struggle with figuring out what steps to take to get me to my ultimate end goal.

What are your immediate career goals?
After playing at Inkcarceration Tattoo and Music Festival this year in Ohio, the next step I’d like to take for my career and for my band Among the Stars is a tour. We’ve begun releasing our first EP this year and have two more songs to share, but I’m really looking forward to next year for us. After playing such a big festival I think we all have this burning desire to get back up on a stage and share our music with as many people as we can.

---


I can't wait to hear the rest of the EP!


As always, I want to thank Thalia for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her and her band to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram and her band on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do all three right now!

Thanks again Thalia, and good luck reaching your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment