Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Saida Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 Music had another visitor! Saida has an upcoming single, "lie", that you definitely don't want to miss.
I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss the song, her future goals, and more!
I'm sure you'll love what she had to say.

So, let's see what happens when Saida visits Section 36 Music!

I am incredibly excited about your upcoming single, “lie”. What can you tell me about it?

My upcoming single, in my opinion, is overall very different from anything I’ve ever made. This is one of the first projects that I produced completely on my own, and I had total control over the creative aspect. That alone is something to be proud but I also think that I haven’t had a song that is this deep-cut and blunt about how I’ve felt. 


Do you have any favorite memories from the recording process?

Some of my favorite memories from recording my single “lie” were my moments of solitude. I believe there’s always beauty in making and recording songs collaboratively, but with this recent project, doing the recording process on my own felt different, and I felt even more vulnerable. I think because this project was made in mostly solitude, it allowed for more burdened parts of myself to be uncovered. Even though it felt scary, I love that I was able to do that and make something that I am so proud of. 


You are currently attending Berklee College of Music. What made Berklee the right fit for you?

The community at Berklee definitely sets it apart from other schools and made it feel like the right fit for me. Every day I am here, I’m always astounded by the talent and passion that everybody has. Being surrounded by so many driven individuals keeps me hungry for music and pushes me to want to achieve more. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical inspiration?

My biggest inspirations in music tend to fluctuate a lot, but my core artists throughout my life have been Ariana Grande, SZA, and Ethel Cain. Even though I would say they are very contrasting artists in the sense of genre, I think they all spoke to me in a way I where I felt understood during difficult times in my life. Not only that, but they are very powerful woman who never lets their audience dictate their artistic vision, which I appreciate and love about them.


If you could cover any Disney song, which would you choose? Why?

If I were to cover any Disney song, I would most likely do “I Won’t Say (I’m in Love)” from Hercules. This song was definitely one of my favorites out of all the other songs because in the movie, Megan was a very powerful woman who didn’t need male validation, but this is the one moment where she’s being vulnerable saying she might be in love. That song has always been so powerful for me because it shows that even strong woman can be vulnerable sometimes and that it can be a beautiful thing.


What are your immediate musical goals?

As of right now, I want to concentrate myself on honing in my craft at Berklee and utilizing as much resources and opportunities as I can while I’m here. My main focus as an artist is to continue staying true to my authentic self and to trust my artist vision, even if it seems blurry right now. 

--


I'm definitely excited for that vision!


As always, I want to thank Saida for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview. 

I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. Here are the best places to find her:


Thanks again Saida, and good luck reaching your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment