Thursday, September 24, 2026

Thursdays With Una: The Story of Planeta

By Una 

As I talked about in the video what are the 5 things you should know about Planeta, here is the story of why I wrote it. When I was younger all through out middle school and high school I felt like I never belonged and the hardest obstacle was to accept who I am. 
 I feel like if you do any sort of art it’s natural to feel like you’re an outsider. But I had this drive I had to build something stable for myself internally. I started making music and getting my voice out there, but of course, even that was uncomfortable because now I was showing myself and parts of myself that weren’t seen before. I think there’s constant battle whether you’re showing too much or is this good enough? When I was a kid, I was in this TV music competition it wasn’t really easy on me because I was so young. I was eight when I started filming the show and just turned nine when the show was on the air. Nevertheless, that was the beginning of building my own world. 

That was when I knew what I wanted to do, that I wanted to live in the United States and make music for a living. I feel very proud that I am someone who comes from such a small region country and town but I continue to dream big and build my own world. If you’ve ever felt mistreated, misunderstood or felt like no one was listening. I’m listening because I understand. Continue to build what you believe in. That is the only way to live your life. 

That’s the only way to build your Planeta.

------

Una is a Serbian born singer-songwriter based in Boston, where she studies at Berklee College of Music. 

Be sure to follow along with all of the "Thursdays With Una".

To keep up with everything else going on in Una's life, check out her Section 36 Music Homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment