Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Linda Z Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor!
 Linda Z is a wonderful artist with a recent single "Fairytale" that is simply magical.
 I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, songwriting, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Linda Z visits Section 36 Music!

I absolutely love your recent debut single, “Fairytale”. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much, I truly appreciate that! Yea Fairytale is my first serious release as an established Songwriter. I wrote the song over the summer last year and it was really a therapeutic process for me while I was getting out of a relationship. The song embodies this reality where to the outside world the relationship you’re in might look perfect, might look like it’s full of love, passion, and understanding, when really you know it’s not, you know it’s been fake and you’re sort of stuck in this cycle of battling that truth in your mind. Certainly a very special song to me and I hope people can relate to it. 


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

My favorite part of the recording process was definitely getting to work on this project with my friends and just spending hours in the studio with all of them. I am lucky to have such amazing people to help out! My producer Julian Villegas and I were super committed to having a great sounding record but the sessions were never short of love, passion, and fun. I had some of my best friends play on the song and that was the best part by far, getting to share this piece of myself and my music with them. 


What do you enjoy most about performing in front of an audience?

Hmm, I think honestly whenever I perform this song live it feels like we’ve all entered this space where time stops and we all get to enjoy the moment together. It really feels as though everyone is in the story with me and feeling what I’m feeling. It is amazing to sense the audience’s energy while performing a song you poured your heart into. 


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

That’s a hard question because I have so many musical influences, but right now I would without a doubt say Noah Kahan(if not any of my friends). His songwriting is just so truthful yet poetic at the same time and I really love that. I have seen his music evolve over the years and become what it is today. He genuinely inspires me to write every day. Other than him though, definitely the group of friends I have around me—I always learn from them and they are just the best people I know. They inspire me to be in this business for the long haul. 


You’re currently a student at Berklee College of Music. What made Berklee the right choice for you?

Yes, I am currently about to be in my 5th semester! Berklee was the dream school for me since I was in Middle School but I don’t think I was convinced it was the right choice until this past semester. There was definitely imposter syndrome and a lot of questions about my future I had to weigh. Ultimately it was the Songwriting department, especially Mark Simos, that made me feel like I belonged in this school and it was exactly where I had to be. I always wanted to be a Songwriter and Berklee has the only Songwriting program of this size that is so versatile and offers so much to its students. I have also found my place within the Roots community here at Berklee and I think that that’s when I knew, last semester, when I had no second thoughts about anything I was doing, and absolutely loved it!


What are your immediate music goals?

My immediate music goals especially for this summer are to learn Fiddle which I picked up a few months ago now, but other than that just write a bunch of songs, perform and make content. I think my real main goal is to begin truly writing for other artists at Berklee and become those artists Songwriters! Apart from that, I am just beginning to establish myself outside of the Berklee Community as a Songwriter. 


---


That's definitely a great goal!  


As always, I want to thank Linda Z for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow her and see what she has going on. I would follow her on Instagram, and Spotify as well as visit her website to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again Linda Z, and good luck reaching your goals!





No comments:

Post a Comment