Thursday, May 30, 2024

JØRDYN Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor!
 JØRDYN is an amazing singer whose debut EP "i didn't ask for this" is one masterpiece after another.
 I was thrilled that they wanted to visit with us and discuss their music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything they have to say.

So, let's see what happens when JØRDYN visits Section 36 Music!

Your debut EP, “i didn’t ask for this” is simply outstanding. What can you tell me about it?

My debut EP ‘i didn’t ask for this’  is about the realities, struggles, and unfairness of life. I speak on my struggles with loss, grief, jealousy, and displacement over the course of the past few years while experimenting with harmony, vocoding, and soundscapes to create my own unique sound. It was written and recorded over the course of 2 years total. 


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

My absolute favorite part of the process was recording the title track/closer "i didn't ask for this'. It was the only song recorded in a formal studio (most of the EP was recorded in my friends and I's dorms/bedrooms). I really love my band and getting everyone in one room to record was so much fun. There was such positive energy all around. 


What do you enjoy most about performing in front of an audience?

One fun fact about me is that I am a classically trained opera singer. Majority of my work and music at the beginning of my career was on stage. It is where my heart lives. When transitioning into becoming a recording artist most of my work is off the stage. Writing, Recording, Photo Shoots, Emails etc. When I get to perform on stage I really cherish that. I get to experience the energy of my band and the audience.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

Number one is Phoebe Bridgers. She is truly such a formative artist for me and my sound. Her writing is outstanding and she is so secure in her sound and identity as an artist. I really look up to her. 


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

Exposure, I think music today is very dependent on social media, paid advertising, and stream counts. I struggle getting the numbers and I think that sucks because I am very proud of my work with this project. I just hope people listen.


What are your immediate music goals?

To tour/open with a larger artist or hero of mine. Even if it's a 3 stop tour I would love to tour and see different people and places. It is such a fundamental thing for a small artist. I also would love to play my first festival! 


---


Those sound like great goals!  


As always, I want to thank JØRDYN for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to follow them and see what they have going on. I would follow them on Instagram, and Spotify as well as visit their website to make sure you don't miss a thing. 


Thanks again JØRDYN, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment