Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Upcoming Tour: Kelsey Blackstone, Allie Dunn, and Felicity Team Up to Visit Section 36 Prior to Tour

You probably remember Kelsey Blackstone from her incredible music, her "With a Little Help From My Friends" tour, and her lessons learned from that experience. Well, she's back with a new tour starting on May 23, 2023. She'll be joining Allie Dunn and Felicity on a tour making stops from Nashville to Boston. All of the shows promise to be events you won't want to miss. 

I was flattered to hear that all three of these amazing women wanted to sit down and talk about this upcoming tour with us. The three of them played off each other wonderfully during the interview, and gave a great indication of the fun this tour will be.

So, here's what happens when Kelsey, Allie, and Felicity all visit Section 36!

How did the three of you decide to tour together?
KELSEY: Allie, I feel like you should take the lead on this one.
ALLIESo I was planning a run. A northeast run in Nashville, and I wanted just like a bunch of good nights of music from talented people. Specifically, I wanted women because we are great. So I hit up Kelsey because I found her on Instagram, and I loved her music, and she was down. And then, Johnny, Felicity's manager, hit me and was like, yo, we're like we're looking to do shows in the summer. I was like, well, I am planning a tour end of May. I would love nothing more than Felicity to come. And boom, the magic happened. And now we're here.
KELSEY:  Yeah, it was a pretty easy decision, honestly. I think it's definitely very cool that for the most part it kinda came from Instagram. At least my initial involvement from it. And then Felicity, finding out about you and how you lived in Nashville and getting to meet you, and see you play in person a few weeks ago. It just made me so excited for the tour, too.
FELICITYOh, hell, yeah. It's just gonna be such a vibe, all three of us. I feel like we all make a similar kind of music have a similar kind of energy. And I just have loved everything we've done planning for this tour. So I'm just gonna be that much more excited when we're actually on the road.

How did you select the venues?
Kelsey Blackstone
KELSEY: So, again, Allie I think you can take this one.
ALLIE: Well, I played at the Bowery Electric before. It was, it was honestly a great place to play. People were having fun. So that was just something I played up before. And the 5 Spot was like a home to me in Nashville. Then I haven't ever played at The Pocket in DC. But it looked like a sweet spot that supports like local live music. So I hit them up. Boston, Cantab, was just a group effort from all of us just like throwing around names of venues. Especially Kelsey. Just like being: this place, this place, this place, and Cantab looked really awesome. And then, Philamoca, just came along.
KELSEY: Section 36 knows this well, that I played there, and that's where the car was stolen. So I'm gonna be super careful. That's a story for another time.

What goes into creating the set list for a tour, and do you expect it to evolve as you go along?
KELSEYI know for me, when I play like live shows in general, I'm very like inconsistent. Sometimes I'll go into show days, or even weeks before, and like know exactly what the set list is. Other times I decide on the day, like a few hours before. Obviously for the tour, though, having to be more just organized and rehearsed, and you know everything cause you really wanna present a great product to audiences who haven't seen you before. So I am doing something that I haven't really done before, at least on a wide scale, which is like playing the first like four or five songs of my set solo. Some of it's released. Some of it's not. I'm pretty sure my partner, Adam (Gōst Pepper) is gonna be playing guitar and some bass with me. We have some tracks, we have a looper pedal, and we're gonna try, and jazz it up. And then the last, like three or four songs, I'll be taking some band members from Felicity and Allie, which they are generously donating to me. So that I can finish off the set strong.
Felicity
FELICITY
I'm in the process of releasing my first EP, my first single already came out. So it was easy for me to choose my songs there...the songs coming out on that EP. I've also been lucky enough to be in Nashville for the last two years. There's so many little stages here, and I've done every combination in every order of songs already that I'll be playing on this tour. So I've just been able to figure out which songs I like, and in which order, you know. The more like bombastic ones, at the end. I love having a moment where you can just absolutely wake up the next morning with whiplash at the end of a show, because you're just head banging so hard, and I can't wait to bring that on the road.
ALLIENo, I literally feel that, though, because with my last tour I was on, I remember I had like a couple of slower ones in the set which are obviously how you wanna break up a set. But I just wanted people to dance. So I think that's what is behind my picking a dance vibe. I just want to people to vibe like there's so much sad stuff in the world, you know.
KELSEYVery awesome. And yeah, I feel that I've been at concerts where it's just like the indie, sad girl thing for a whole hour, and at the end I'm just like, Oh, my God! Like I'm gonna crawl home and cry! And I feel like that's another great thing about all of us is, we're all like really upbeat and bubbly, and just, like excited. And I think that's really gonna come through in each of our sets on tour so it's very exciting.

Is there something you're looking forward to at each stop on the tour?
KELSEYMy answer to this one is short and sweet. I'm just looking forward to seeing some of my friends that I have been friends with for either a long time, or even just a short time, and all of the cities that we're going to. It's just gonna be a nice big reunion vibe.
FELICITYHell. Yeah, I mean, dude. I've never been on tour before. This is my first tour. But so excited genuinely to do absolutely every single thing. I mean I've played a lot of shows in Nashville, played some shows in New York before, too, when I lived there. But I mean connecting with people that could be fans in cities that I've never been to. That's unreal. That's so sick. And of course, Bowery Electric, New York City, I mean, let's go!
Allie Dunn
ALLIEI'm excited for the food, too. I'm gonna get a Philly cheese steak for sure!

-----

Next week, we'll share the second half of this incredible interview. Can't thank Kelsey, Felicity, and Allie enough for talking with us. Be sure to get your tickets for their tour now so you don't miss a single show!

Don't forget to check out each of these amazing women so you can learn more about them as artists.

Instagram: Kelsey, Felicity, Allie
Spotify: Kelsey, Felicity, Allie
Website: Kelsey, Felicity, Allie


No comments:

Post a Comment