Monday, April 25, 2022

Liya Visits Section 36 Music!

Photo Adam Peterson
Section 36 Music has another visitor! Liya is an absolutely wonderful singer, preparing to release her latest single "Dreamhouse". I was so glad she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Liya visits Section 36 Music!

I’m really looking forward to your upcoming single “Dreamhouse”. What can you tell me about it?

Dreamhouse" is a dark pop single about a twisted world, a saccharine with a few cracks. I created the distorted look down the rabbit hole of a warped Barbie world, while referencing social pressures women face such as body image. 


What was your favorite part of the recording process?

My favorite part about creating any song is the ability to work with other creatives. In this case, I wrote the song with Maria Landi and had a very collaborative and fun producing experience with Chengcheng Tang. We even recorded my dog, Arya, you can hear her barks in the interlude of the song.


You’ve been able to perform all over the world. What has been your favorite venue so far? 

Photo Bradley John
There are many places I haven't performed at yet but I appreciate and enjoy every stage I'm on. Before the pandemic I had an incredible intimate show in my hometown Sofia, Bulgaria. I loved sharing my original songs with a Bulgarian audience. In the past few months I've been performing all around Boston and I've been enjoying every minute of it.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My grandfather and uncle. They were both musicians and the first people I remember truly believing in my musical dreams. I keep a picture of them in their band Dynamic at a show in Dresden, Germany from 1977 on my desk and look at it every day. They encouraged me when I was a little girl and still do to this day, I hope they're proud of me. 


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

Photo Erik Torres

Being independent is just as much of a challenge as it is a blessing. I absolutely love it but it does get hard at times. Then again, that's what makes the victories all the more sweet. 


What are your immediate career goals?

I create music to heal myself and make people feel. I love lyric writing and want my songs to not only be catchy, but have a meaningful message behind them. An immediate career goal would be to reach more and more people and perform at more and more stages.


---


Those sound like great goals. Hopefully we can all help her achieve them!

As always, I want to thank Liya for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I know you’ll all want to follow along with Liya to see what she's up to. T
he best way to do that is probably to follow her on Instagram and/or Spotify. You should also check out her website. And, while you're at it, why not presave Dreamhouse. I suggest doing it all right now!

You can also check out her Section 36 Music page. It's a perfect way to enjoy everything Liya has to offer all in one place.


Thanks again Liya, and good luck reaching your goals!


No comments:

Post a Comment