Wednesday, April 27, 2022

SABZ Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 Music has another visitor! SABZ is an incredible singer, preparing to release her latest single "BEKINDREWIND". I was so excited she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, and more. I’m sure you’ll love everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when SABZ visits Section 36 Music!

I really enjoyed your recent single “Essentials”. What was it like putting that together? 

So my producer VibeztheProd and co writer Emaan Zadjali are both Berklee Grads, incredible artists and two of my closest friends. Vibez and I had wanted to explore creating a song together so he sent me a few beats. When the one he sent me for Essentials came up, I instantly conjured up a topline. Emaan really helped wrap the whole thing together, I already knew she was a master when it came to wordplay so working with the two of them to create this track was such fun experience. 


Do you have any other projects you’re currently working on?

Yes! My new single BEKINDREWIND comes out on May 6th!  I’ve been working on this one for almost two years so I’m really excited to finally put it out into the world. But aside from that I have a few tracks that should be coming out really soon so keep a lookout! 


You’re a graduate of Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest way that helped your career?  

I think if it weren’t for Berklee, I wouldn’t have had the chance to really hone in on my craft. I’ve met and worked with so many talented people there who have also become lifelong friends. However, of course like any creative institution theres an element of competition but it allowed me to learn how to motivate myself to work harder to achieve my goals.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?  

Photo Rival.cc
To be honest, that’s always been a very hard question because my musical upbringing came with such an eclectic selection of musical styles ranging from Pop to R&B to Hip Hop, EDM to even Middle Eastern music since I’m Iranian. But I guess for example I’m a huge fan of Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Pink many early 2000s pop figures which you can kind of see shine through in songs of mine such as “Defective”. 


What would you say is your biggest career challenge? 

This kind of ties into my answer for the third question. I know I mentioned that competition can be motivating but of course it’s easier said than done. Theres definitely plenty of days where I’ll feel frustrated and start comparing myself to others, but I try my best to remind myself to look at it from a standpoint of wanting to learn from them instead.


What are your immediate career goals? 

Photo Holy Smoke Photography
So in my career as an artist, I’ve actually never gigged! In 2020 I was supposed to sort of get that started when I released Defective but then the pandemic interfered with that. This year I’m hoping to change that and start performing. Besides that, I’m also looking to collaborate  with more producers based in the Pop or EDM scene. 


---


Definitely hope she gets to perform this year!

As always, I want to thank SABZ for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I know you’ll all want to follow along with SABZ to see what she's up to. T
he best way to do that is probably to follow her on Instagram and/or Spotify. I suggest doing both right now!

You can also check out her Section 36 Music page. It's a perfect way to enjoy everything SABZ has to offer all in one place.


Thanks again SABZ, and good luck reaching your goals!



No comments:

Post a Comment