Friday, April 22, 2022

“Answers" by Victoria Barral (April 22, 2022 Release)

"Answers" is the latest single from the talented singer Victoria Barral! 




You're going to want to listen to this song as soon as you can! What can you expect from the song? Luckily, Victoria was willing to answer a few questions about it for us.

What was the inspiration behind “Answers”?
Many people in the world are searching for answers, and especially these past few years. Waiting for answers for your life can be excruciating at times. “Answers” is a work that expresses the frustration of uncertainty but also sheds light by saying that things will get better. Life will get better, because God has our lives under control.


Inspiration for “Answers” came in 2020, when I came across Psalms 4 in my quiet time with God. It says: “Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have given me relief when I was in distress. Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!”


I got inspiration off of the Psalm and wrote lyrics in God’s perspective. The lyrics of the chorus came to me quickly - “I see you in your deep distress. I see your heart when there’s nothing left… I know you’re scared hurting for answers, it’s no fair but life will get better. I know you’re scared waiting for answers. Trust that I care more than ever…” This was so reassuring to write something in God’s perspective because it was almost like a response to the call of the Psalm. Writing “Answers” was a blast. 


What was the experience of putting the recording together like?

The recording process for “Answers” was a slow one, I really took my time with this. Probably more time than any other song I’ve worked on. From October 2020-April 2020, I produced “Answers” in my little bedroom studio and worked on multiple versions until it was the final product. The writing process instrumental wise went smoothly. I produced most of the instrumental I including the synths, piano, sub bass, drums, and I took a few loops of guitar my dad recorded on voice memos and sampled it, and ended up reversing the audio. My classmate Amirah Gharbi produced some of the drums and a little bit of vocals. 


The most challenging part of the recording process was recording all the layers of harmonies. Recording vocals required a lot of hard work and time. Vocal performance and emotion in the music was my priority in terms of tracking at home, so it took months to get it right. I ended up video recording the takes and the process of recording.  It was around April of 2021 that I felt I had good takes to send over to my friend and mixer Connor Wang. Connor did a beautiful job mixing. After the mixing process was done my friend Josh Sebek mastered the song and the rest is history. I’m very proud of this work and thankful for it to be out. 


Do you have any goals for the song?
I just hope that this song gives hope to people who are hurting and searching for the right answers for their life. Most importantly, I hope this work is moved by the power of the Holy Spirit! I pray that it will reach both an audience of people of faith and people who aren’t of faith 

---

You'll be able to find “Answers" just about everywhere you usually get your music like Spotify or Apple! So, there's no reason why you won't be able track it down…which I highly suggest you do. Right now!


If you want to learn more about Victoria, check out her Section 36 Music profile page. There you can find links to her full interview with Section 36 Music, her social media accounts, as well as more samples of her incredible singing.

You can also hop directly to her recent interview right here on Section 36 Music. That will give you an opportunity to learn more about this fantastic singer.


Be sure to give “Answers" a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment