Monday, March 23, 2020

Victoria Barral Visits Section 36!


Section 36 Music has another visitor! Victoria Barral is a talented singer, and I was excited she was willing to visit with us and discuss her musical releases and more. I’m sure you’ll love what she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Victoria Barral visits Section 36!

What do you consider your musical style or genre?
I consider my style to be a mixture of pop& R&B, but I also love to explore different genres! Usually people would say my singles are wholesome, but I would not consider myself a “Christian artist.”

I love your original song, “A Moment”. What can you tell me about it?
My new original song, A Moment is about reconnecting with God after going through some tough situations. Sometimes it’s hard to hear God’s voice and have that “moment” where you feel close to Him. But at the end of the day, everything works out and I realize I worry for nothing. 

Who/what do you consider your biggest musical influence?
One of my biggest influences would probably be Dermot Kennedy, who is originally from Ireland but considers himself to be pop/folk. His songwriting is just so rich and detailed. He really paints a picture with each and every one of his songs, and just one of the most amazing singer/songwriters. He became well know in Boston.  

You’re currently studying at Berklee College of Music. What is the most important thing to come out of that experience?
Going to Berklee College of Music is a blessing. I got so much out of the core music courses such as Harmony and Ear Training. I feel like I developed a better ear for music. I can really use that material to compose more creative music. 

Your social media feeds are full of wonderful informal videos of you singing anything from covers to original songs. What do you enjoy most about putting those together?
Thank you for supporting my social media feed! I really enjoy showing people what I’m working from a classical background but also songwriting background in a practice room setting. It’s very honest and just shows people how I sound without any microphones or any special equipment. It just really shows who I am as an artist.

Right now, what would you say is your biggest career challenge?
Right now, my biggest career challenge is making my family realize that music is a career! I want people to know it’s a God- given passion and it’s what I was created to do, and for a living. There’s so much you can do with music. and it’s not a waste of time. Also, being a young woman trying to put herself out there, is really hard to get exposure for my songs. It’s really hard to stand out, with the industry being highly competitive today. 

What are your immediate career goals?
My career goals right now, are to finish my Spring EP (which consist of 5 songs).  But also write more and more each day. I love to continuing  learning from so many people at Berklee that have decades more of experience than me, and most important, show don’t tell through my music!
—-

I can’t wait to hear that EP!

As always, I want to thank Victoria for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

Since I know you’ll want to follow along with Victoria to see what she's up to, I suggest check out her Instagram, account and give it a follow.

You should also check out her Section 36 Music page. There you'll find more links, pictures, and samples of her music. It's a great way to enjoy everything Victoria has to offer.


Thanks again Victoria, and good luck in reaching your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment