Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Emily Rodriguez Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! Emily Rodriguez
 is a fantastic singer, whose single, "Made of Glass" needs to be at the very top of your playlist. I was so glad that she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Emily Rodriguez visits Section 36 Music!

I absolutely adored your latest single, "Made of Glass". What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much! This piece was actually written and put to the side for over 2 years! I wrote it one day during the pandemic over a guy that I knew would never work out. Soon after 2 years though, I went through my first actual break up and the song turned out to be more about my ex than the guy I had talked to years before. I have found that the song is actually about breaking up with someone because you know they are not good for you and more harm than good is coming of it. Although, deep down if they were to say no or ask to take you back you do not know if you would say no or yes, hence the lyrics, “I don’t know what I’d do, this heart is made of glass, it’s made of glass.”


What is your favorite part about performing in front of a live audience?

My favorite part about performing in front of a live audience is being able to share your emotions with the crowd. While everyone has different interpretations and experiences with certain emotions that are conveyed in a song, when looking out into the audience everyone is able to connect in some way or relate to one another. Watching music connect everyone right in front of you while performing is one of the reasons I have pursued music all my life. I love to see the audience bond and heal through music!


In the fall you'll be starting school at Berklee College of Music. Why did you want to study there?

Berklee college of music has always been on the top of my college list! What interests me the most about the college are the connections and diversity among those who go there. I want to advance my music skills while surrounded by musicians who share the same passion I do! Berklee not only offers other passionate musicians but various types of music and instruments I have not yet been surrounded by. Therefore, I am very very excited to meet some new people and make some awesome music!


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My all time biggest musical influence is Beyoncé! The way she performs and controls her voice is inspiring in itself and not only motivates me to be a better musician but it pushes me to work harder! Her music is put out there to spread significant messages and is very relatable! Although she is my musical influence, my all time favorite artist is THE WEEKNDDDD!! XO BABY! 


What would you say is the biggest challenge with your budding music career?

Honestly the biggest challenge with my budding music career is promoting myself. While I am pretty consistent with Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook, I want to start to take everything to the next level by releasing more music and posting more music related and relatable content! I need to be more consistent and focused and I hope that Berklee can influence me to take this next big step! 


What are your immediate music goals?

I have a few immediate music goals! One of my main ones would be signing to a major record label! While I know this is not required for a musician, it has always been a dream of mine hehe. Also, I want to advance in all areas of being a musician! I want to learn more about theory, do some more crazy vocal riffs, try out a different writing style! Also, I want to grow an even bigger following! There is so much more I want to accomplish!


--


She definitely deserves a bigger following. Hopefully we'll be able to help her out with that!


As always, I want to thank Emily for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to Emily and follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now! 


Thanks again Emily, and good luck reaching your goals!


2 comments:

  1. Emily i wish you the best of luck😍I know you will do good & make all your dreams come true🙏Your voice is incredibly beautiful🎤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily the above was written by me💜Sending hugs, love & best wishes your way💛

    ReplyDelete