Monday, June 26, 2023

Duda Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! Duda
 is an incredible singer, fresh off the release of her debut single "Lost Messages". I was so flattered that she wanted to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Duda visits Section 36 Music!

Your debut single, “Lost Messages” is beyond outstanding. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much! Lost Messages is a song I composed after a hard breakup. What's interesting is that I actually wrote it in one sitting, and during the heat of the emotions; I feel that's when the best songs come out! Now that I put it out there, I feel like writing this song was therapeutic, and I feel so much better. I always enjoyed writing songs, but I would keep them to myself; this was the first one I decided to release, probably because it best encapsulates my feelings, due to when it was written. I hope anyone who has gone, or is going through, a breakup can relate to it and scream their emotions out. I'm shocked and humbled by the response, and I can't wait for people to see what's next! 


Your social media is full of cover videos. What do you enjoy about recording those?

I have always loved performing! From a very young age, I've been recording myself singing, playing my ukulele, or doing karaoke with my friends in my free time. I began posting these covers on Instagram and YouTube. What I love about recording those is the trial and error. I'm a perfectionist and practice until I get a version of the video I'm pleased with. I enjoy seeing how my skills improve throughout the sessions. I heard this quote once that said, 'Don't stop until you get it right, stop until you can't get it wrong,' and I live by that hahaha.  


In the fall you’ll be starting school at Berklee College of Music. Why did you want to study there?

Berklee has always been a dream of mine to attend. It's one of the best music schools in the world and is definitely the best place for me to grow as an artist. I'm very excited about being able to create with people who have the same passions as me. Come see me in Boston haha.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

I have so many influences! I grew up listening to jazz and bossa nova, so I would say Nina Simone and João Gilberto are big inspirations to me. In terms of my music, I'm deeply inspired by the authenticity of artists like Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift. I also really look up to Giulia Be and how she is making a name for herself in Brazilian pop music. These are just to name a few!


What would you say is your biggest challenge with your music career?

Since I'm currently an independent artist, time management! I had no blueprints of where or how to start. When you're an independent artist, you have to be your own advocate. I had to book and schedule everything you've seen so far! It's super rewarding but very challenging. 


What are your immediate music goals?

Releasing more music! I'm so excited to share with the world what's to come. The rumors will soon be around!  


--


I'm definitely excited to hear more music from her!


As always, I want to thank Duda for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures (taken by Lucas Menezes) to accompany the interview.


I'm sure you’ll all want to listen to Duda and follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now! 


Thanks again Duda, and good luck reaching your goals!


3 comments:

  1. LOVE HER MUSIC SO MUCH! she's gonna go far

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her song so much!! can't wait to see what else she has in store :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song is SO GOOD! She's gonna be big someday!

    ReplyDelete