Monday, November 21, 2022

Brooke Sanders Visits Section 36 Music!

Section 36 
Music has another visitor! 
Brooke Sanders is a fantastic singer whose debut single "So What" is simply amazing. I was so glad she was willing to visit with us and discuss her music, future goals, and more. I’m sure you’ll enjoy everything she has to say.

So, let's see what happens when Brooke Sanders visits Section 36 Music!

I thought your recent single, “So What” was outstanding. What can you tell me about it?

Thank you so much! I wrote “So What” the first summer I lived in Boston. It started as an assignment for a songwriting class

at Berklee and from there it grew to a full-length song I’m really proud of. I wanted to write a fun song that people could dance to. I felt like a lot of the breakup songs I was hearing at the time were very sad (which of course there’s absolutely a time and place for) but I wanted to write something different. I wanted to say ‘we were together and now we’re not and I’m better off without you.’


That was your second single in the last few months, following your debut single “The Best Part of Me” Is there more studio work in your future?

Yes!! I have another single in the works right now and an EP that I’m hoping to release in the next year!


You are currently attending Berklee College of Music. What’s the biggest thing you can see Berklee doing for your career?

Berklee has taught me so much about different sides of the music industry. Career routes I never knew existed I’m now considering pursuing. I’ve also gotten to meet so many talented students and listening to their music has expanded my musical vocabulary and inspired me. Berklee’s given me tools to be able to -hopefully- have a sustainable career in the music industry.


Who or what would you consider your biggest musical influences?

My biggest musical influences are The Goo Goo Dolls, Fleetwood Mac, The Lumineers, Harry Styles, Alanis Morisette, and Hal Ketchum. I’m influenced by the pop, rock, and country genres.


What would you say is your biggest career challenge?

I think the hardest part for me is trying to figure out where to start and deciding what lane is best for me to go down. Figuring out my sound and what route makes the most sense for me and music is often hard. It’s also hard to not compare yourself to others, but something I actively try to remember is that my journey doesn’t have to look like anyone else’s. We’re all on our own paths and that’s the way it’s supposed to be! Also definitely marketing. Social media is hard for me!


What are your immediate career goals?

I’m excited to put on my first show of all original music backed up by a band on Berklee’s campus next semester. A goal of mine is definitely to continue putting on shows of my original music and release new music.


---


I definitely want to hear new music!


As always, I want to thank Brooke for visiting, and for sending along the pictures to accompany the interview.

I'm sure you’ll all want to follow along with her to see what she's up to. I would definitely follow her on Instagram, and/or Spotify. In fact, go do both right now!

Thanks again Brooke, and good luck reaching your goals!

1 comment:

  1. Brooke is amazing! I cannot think of a better lyricist or harder worker!

    ReplyDelete